Pankajsah's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Report about a old place where new named place exists

I found a college on map which moved or doesn't exist anymore.In the same place block/part of other college is there.Suggest me what should I do to change the name.

id="224847i4CE38329FBA4CFBA"
size="small" resized="true" sourcetype="new">

Biratnagar, Eastern Region, Nepal
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Report

Hello @Pankajsah

It is possible but not the best option. Google pushes ending a POI and starting a new one in these cases because otherwise the new POI would inherit the trace (pictures and reviews) of the old one which wouldn't be valid anymore. Even if there are none, you should respect this process cause there always might be discrepancies between what is shown and what the content is - somebody can be adding a review referring to the old place at a time you're changing the name or meanwhile the change is being aproved.

@Pankajsah wrote:

Dear @CaptainHook

What if I change its name by editing the place name.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hello @Pankajsah

First please mark this college is doesn't exist and add new missing place for new college.

@Pankajsah wrote:

I found a college on map which moved or doesn't exist anymore.In the same place block/part of other college is there.Suggest me what should I do to change the name.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Hi @Pankajsah,

Good evening. 

It is second thread you've started in connect and reason is somewhat same for both. 

I just want to say that you can ask all questions in a single thread too. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

@NareshDarji wrote:

Hello @Pankajsah

First please mark this college is doesn't exist and add new missing place for new college.

@Pankajsah wrote:

The other college already exists, am I right, @Pankajsah? In that case, sending a feedback about the first being closed is well enough. Google will figure out the rest.

Level 8

Dear @CaptainHook

id="224847i4CE38329FBA4CFBA"
size="small" resized="true" sourcetype="new">

Level 8
Solution

Hello @Pankajsah

It is possible but not the best option. Google pushes ending a POI and starting a new one in these cases because otherwise the new POI would inherit the trace (pictures and reviews) of the old one which wouldn't be valid anymore. Even if there are none, you should respect this process cause there always might be discrepancies between what is shown and what the content is - somebody can be adding a review referring to the old place at a time you're changing the name or meanwhile the change is being aproved.

@Pankajsah wrote:

Dear @CaptainHook