LoneWolffe's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Reporting a Local Guide

@AGarner

In this regard i would like to share one bad experience. With much strain i took photos of a newly open College and it was published by GM, and i believe the photos were very good. I only added  the place and reviewed it  first.But i noticed the next day that another so called LG instead of appreciating it finding fault of the photos with unacceptable words. To my surprise for such comments the stupid LG   was given  5 points as if it is a review. and encouraging by GM which  really upset me and i reported the matter. Even though it is resolved, now i would advise the need of filtering such wrong allegation even at the time of  writing it so that such stupidity cannot be encouraged taking in to consideration to ensure that GM are not for such things. It also give confidence to other trustworthy and sincere LGs..

jojo
Former Google Contributor

Hi @jojo522, thanks for the feedback. I will be sure to let our team know.

Level 10

@AGarner

Although reported already earlier i would like to take the opportunity to report a Local Guide. I was much disappointed to know that no action was taken although so many  correspondence taking much time and energy  was made in this regard . But the review is still there and much disappointed since in spite of  promise of taking action.It gave me the feeling that the whole system is not effectively utilized or co ordinated ..The scenario is like this:

I had the first review in  a competitive  review more than one year back.It was ditto copied by one LG. I informed in forum but no action is taken so far. Since i was new and not knowing the procedure of private messages and solution  and the lack of co ordination the so called LG is still surviving with my Review which is  giving me much despair and  the very  need for action from GM at least now.

jojo
Level 10

Thanks

jojo
Level 10

I have another LG i fear it is the owner giving 5* category and addressing as if promotional matters even using the terms we, us etc to inform you.

jojo
Level 10

@AGarner

I just find another case of ditto copying second time by one  LG from my other competitive reviews. Since no action was being taken first time i would like to send feed back

jojo
Level 7

@AGarner please send me message to report a local guide, too. I already post it on google+ but I never find any solution there. Thank you.

Level 8
Level 8

Even if reported Google wont tell you they did anything....we take there word..... 

Have reported many.  Listing called boat angel in states spamming the planet, every single 5 star commenter is a fake account, only made to give a good review. 

And it keeps Growing!

Nothing has been done or anything become of a report.  

How hard is it just to ban a guide?

Or all the spammers that changes info just for kicks.

Surely theres a hidden list about whos edits what?

Former Google Contributor

@Diana17 I tried sending a message, please make sure your private messenger settings are turned off. You can check by going to settings, preferences, and selecting private messenger. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah - I'm not sure what it takes to get a response.  The business spammed is a client and was called by a Local "SEO Expert" to tell them that their Google listing was hacked.  He claimed to have a "bunch of clients in the area", however, is business was registered with the state only on 10/13/17 as was his domain registration.  30+ other businesses in the same general area and similar types of businesses were spammed with the same pictures.  It looks like since I reported the images posted on my client's listing, the other ones came down but a new batch has started, and now they are all getting low reviews.  

I don't have any way of proving it, but it looks like a case of the Glass company going around breaking everyone's windows to sell more glass.  There has to be a better mechanism to combat this.  A least a way see the pattern and remove them quickly enough to avoid damaging the businesses reputation.

I am a web developer - not an SEO person.