HiroyukiTakisawa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[Report] CONNECT LIVE 2019 TOKYO

[Report] CONNECT LIVE 2019 TOKYO[Report] CONNECT LIVE 2019 TOKYO

27th July 2019, CONNECT LIVE TOKYO as a popup event of Connect Live was held in Tokyo, Japan. The attendees who mainly were gathered from Tokyo was about 80 people. We heard some speeches about the future of Google Maps and shared experiences with each other. 

Photos

Speeches and Feedback sessions

From 2 p.m, we enjoyed speeches by Googlers and some guests and introductions of engaging local guides in Tokyo. After that was the feedback sessions that were separated by themes.

Interviews with engaging local guides in Japan

Speeches by a public servant of Shibuya and a coffee shop owner were very interesting and informative because the viewpoints of them are not the same as general local guides. 

Activities of engaging local guides were impressive for us. We will be able to improve our reviews and photos from now on via their technical tips.

Happy hour

From 6 p.m, the happy hour started. We enjoyed conversations and communication with Googlers and local guides as we dined. Of course, there was also a photo-booth, photos that were taken by attendees, and trophies for us. 

Souvenirs

We were given some souvenirs. Such as pin badges of contributions, t-shirt, Pegman pin badge, and a light for a smartphone. The personalized trophy and the displayed photo were also given. All of them are very memorable souvenirs!

And I handed in the Japan Local Guides badge to attendees as a souvenir(Lower left). It was the limited version for this meet-up. 

I expect the local guides activity in Japan will be great and dedicated via this amazing event. I hope to improve the map together with a lot of local guides in Japan from now on for the Olympic and the future.

Thank you, Googlers, the Local Guides Team, all attendees, and all local guides!

-----

BTW, after this event, some of us attended to the meet-up, AIR LIVE 2019 TOKYO. The recap is here, [Recap] AIR LIVE 2019 TOKYO. Enjoy this as well!

[Japanese]

7月27日、東京でコネクトライブのポップアップイベント、コネクトライブ東京が開催されました。都内を中心に日本各地から集まった80人のローカルガイドが日本のローカルガイドの未来や構想についてのお話を聞き、お互いの経験を共有し、問題をフィードバックしてきました。

2時から6時までの間はGooglerによるスピーチやマップの展望に関するお話、テーマごとに別れたフィードバックセッション開催、活躍している国内ローカルガイドの紹介などを楽しみました。

行政や喫茶店経営者の方々からのスピーチは一般的なローカルガイドとはまた違った視点からのコメントで、非常に興味深いものでした。また、活躍中のローカルガイドのみなさんの活動に見習うべき点が多く、今後の活動にとって素晴らしいヒントになるのではないかと思います。

そして18時からはハッピーアワーです。会場にはフォトブースや参加者の撮った写真、トロフィーなどが飾らていました。それらを見ながら、グーグルのスタッフや各地のローカルガイドと語り合うことができました。

帰る際にはお土産も。名札と一緒に渡されたピンバッチをはじめ、シャツ、ペグマン、スマホ用ライトなどをいただきました。とても良い記念品ですね!

このイベントを通して来年のオリンピック開催に向け、そして未来の地図情報の充実に向けて、日本国内のローカルガイド活動がより活発になっていってくれることに期待したいと思います。

また、この後に開催された有志の交流会、AIR LIVE 2019 TOKYOのまとめはこちらから御覧ください。[Recap] AIR LIVE 2019 TOKYO

Japan, 東京都港区六本木6丁目10−1 Google合同会社
46 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [Report] CONNECT LIVE 2019 TOKYO

Nice recap @HiroyukiTakisawa, I always wanted to know how was these popups events and you explained very well. Thank you for sharing.

Level 8

Wow @HiroyukiTakisawa . This Connect Live Pop Up event looks like it was awesome! You will have so much to share next year with the Olympics in Tokyo too. I love the souvenirs and the Google cupcakes are so cute. I imagine it was really helpful hearing from other local guides and being able to collaborate with them to improve your own skills. Thank you so much for sharing about this amazing event. 

Level 9

Betreff: [Report] CONNECT LIVE 2019 TOKYO

Hi @HiroyukiTakisawa

thank you for sharing this good recap. 😀 That was definitely a very great event. 🥳 This souvenirs are awesome. 🌸 

I wish that I can attend in such an event someday too. 😀 🙏🏻 

Many greetings from Hamburg, Germany

Chiara Maria Cervetta

Facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Level 9

Hi @HiroyukiTakisawa thank you for sharing with us. I am happy that you all had a great time sharing, learning and giving feedback to the local guide team. 

Connect Moderator

You are welcome @AlexandreCampbell @JustineE @ChiaraMariaC @Raphael-Mahumane 
Yes, that was great!! Did you see the shared album?
Such an exciting event definitely motivate us very much!

Level 8

@HiroyukiTakisawa . I just checked out your shared album! I love it. All those little figurines - and the big one with the oreo in the middle - so cool and so Japanese. And the food - it all looks so delicious. How wonderful for you all!

Level 8

@HiroyukiTakisawa Thank you for sharing this Connect Live 2019 Tokyo report with us. I'm sure you can improve the reviews and photos using those shared tips from engaging local guides. I like the limited Sakura badge, it is cute and when you see it, you know it's from Japan.

Connect Moderator

Yeah, @JustineE Thank you!

You are welcome @Ant_Bad_Yogi 

I'm glad to hear that because I designed the Sakura badge:-)

Level 9

@HiroyukiTakisawa

thank you for your reply. 😊 Yes, I saw the shared photo-album. All the photos are so fantastic. This event looks really amazing. 🤩 It's so great that you all had a lot of fun there. 🌸 💮 

Many warm greetings from Hamburg, Germany

Chiara Maria Cervetta

Facebook|Twitter|Instagram