Eire27's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Remembrance Sunday

On The Eleventh Hour, of The Eleventh Day, of The Eleventh Month, World War One came to an End. Today marks one hundred years  ( 1914 - ( 1918)  since the day WWI  ended. At the time and after many, many loss of lives,  it was then called, * The War To End All Wars *  .............516396125_640.jpg

* Lest  We.  Forget*

6 comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dot.: Remembrance Sunday

Ten dzień to również dzień odzyskania niepodległości przez Polskę po 123 latach niewoli.

Level 7

Re: Remembrance Sunday

I never knew about this. We shall remember the lost lives in prayers while we hope for no more wars.

To a more peaceful world!!🥂

Level 8

Yes @Anonymous Poland has suffered a lot throughout history and yes @Anonymous we remember Poland and her people this special day 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eire27 Dziękuję za te piękne słowa 🙂 Pamiętajmy wszyscy i pomagajmy tym, którzy mają krzywdę na skutek wojny i prześladowań.

Connect Moderator

Lamentablemente @Eire27, no fue la “guerra que acabo con todas las guerras”, solamente fue el inicio de ls guerras modernas en el siglo XX y actualmente tenemos otras variantes de guerras, las llamadas “guerras de baja intensidad”, un gran eufemismo, son guerras y todas las guerras por más pequeñas o baja intensidad que tenga es mala, sin importar ningún justificativo que tenga cualquiera de los bandos. 

Recordar el fin de la Primera Guerra Mundial es importante, gracias por compartir.

saludos Farid.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Eire27,

Thank you for reminding me this day. It was one of the most iconic Remembrance when I was in Uk. 

They usually celebrating this moment by wearing a pin with a shape of a poppy on their heart, and before every sporting event there is a minute of silence with the trumpet playing "The last post". 

How do you remember this day in Ireland instead? 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!