br14n's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Releasing The Fish

Batu Local Guides & Sabers Pungli -  Releasing The Fish.JPG

Sunday morning, April 29, 2018, members of Batu Local Guides moving together to an area in Ngaglik village in Batu City. There Sabers Pungli volunteers have been waiting with the locals, ready to plunge into the river to clean up all types of garbage. After the briefing, all moves to the river, the field, even to the graves behind the field. We are united against waste pollution. Sacks of garbage collected and lifted into garbage trucks.

Batu Local Guides & Sabers Pungli -  Releasing The Fish  (17).JPG

Batu Local Guides & Sabers Pungli -  Releasing The Fish  (21).JPG

Batu Local Guides & Sabers Pungli -  Releasing The Fish  (23).JPG

Batu Local Guides & Sabers Pungli -  Releasing The Fish  (26a).JPG

Batu Local Guides & Sabers Pungli -  Releasing The Fish  (28).JPG

After all was relatively clean, we gathered in front of the house of the chairman of the neighborhood. There have been prepared snacks and drinks. Four bags of fish will also be prepared to be plunged into clean water channels. The fish were symbolically handed over by one of the members of the Batu City House of Representatives who attended the event, Mr. Deddy Alwani. Here also present, the wife of the Deputy Mayor of Batu, who is also chairman of Welfare Education Movement of Batu City, Mrs. Wibi Asri. Also present, our Connect Moderator, @NunungAfuah. Then, the fish were dumped into the river. The children in the audience were applauding happily. Thus, the event ends that day.

Batu Local Guides & Sabers Pungli -  Releasing The Fish  (29).JPG

Batu Local Guides & Sabers Pungli -  Releasing The Fish  (30).JPG

Batu Local Guides & Sabers Pungli -  Releasing The Fish  (34).JPG

Batu Local Guides & Sabers Pungli -  Releasing The Fish  (36).JPG

Batu Local Guides & Sabers Pungli -  Releasing The Fish  (39).JPG

This light but meaningful activity, hopefully can be one example of how we can move together to clean the world.

Brian, Batu Local Guides

Jl. Lesti, Ngaglik, Batu City, East Java, Indonesia
15 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Releasing The Fish

Hi @br14n

It seems your community never sleeps. So great, I am at work now so I need to be quick, but I wanted to congratulate with you

Ermes

Level 10

Congratulations @br14n

When I look at your photos I can see your professionalism in the organisation of meetup.

Hi5

Level 8

@ErmesT you're right, This community (Batu Local Guides) is an inspiration for other cities in Indonesia in conducting social activities with the society. Mas @br14n  glad to see what you do with the community , well done!!

Level 9

Great work @br14n

Level 10

Great Work @br14n , I love your work very much. Thanks a lot for your beautiful work sharing with us. Wishing you all the Best.

Best Regards

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Connect Moderator

thanks for having me @br14n. Never stop to say "good job"! Your community is awesome! Lucky for me to know you 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 8

Hello @br14n @NunungAfuah 

Excellent initiative. Thanks for sharing. 

Cheers

Former Google Contributor

@br14n Awesome story, awesome photos! I love that this effort was topped off with releasing fish into the now clean water body. Go Batu LGs! 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 8

@br14n Sorry for the delay, I have been doing some intensive business training, and as @ErmesT mentioned seems you never sleep in words of expression, but we clearly

see a new World is beginning there with a fresh start even for the goldfish or coy either way its crystal clear...... We all thank you for being so committed to the program 

Please pass on our respects on to your community personally from us. Thank you @br14n.

@ErmesT as well