SunPanupong's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Recommended photo spots in Singapore

Hi, I am Sun, a Local Guide in Bangkok.

Singapore is another great destination in Asia, apart from Thailand (my country :D). There are plenty of interesting places in this small island especially, Universal Studios, Marina Bay Sands, Gardens by the Bay, etc.

Today I would like to recommend some photo spots in Singapore where I traveled there in December last year for Singapore Marathon. For those who have a plan to go to Singapore for taking good photos, I hope this post will be really useful for you.

1. The HIVE @ Nanyang Technological University

This iconic building is known as the "Dim-Sum Basket Building". You need to take like a half-day trip as this place is really far from city center. Inside the building was very quiet and there are so many rooms allocated for students to do homework and read books.

The HIVE @ Nanyang Technological  UniversityThe HIVE @ Nanyang Technological University

Inside the HIVEInside the HIVE

Inside the HIVEInside the HIVE

In NTU, School of Art, Design and Media is another place where people love to take photos.

School of Art, Design and MediaSchool of Art, Design and Media

School of Art, Design and MediaSchool of Art, Design and Media

2. Clarke Quay

Clarke Quay is a historical riverside quay with a lot of shops, restaurants and piers for boat trips. 

Sad stories in Clarke Quay :PSad stories in Clarke Quay 😛

3. Fountain of Wealth

Fountain of Wealth is a huge contemporary outdoor fountain in Suntec City, a shopping complex, offering nightly light shows. 

Fountain of WealthFountain of Wealth

4. Buddha Tooth Relic Temple

The Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum (BTRTM) is a religious and cultural institution located in Chinatown.

Buddha Tooth Relic TempleBuddha Tooth Relic Temple

5. Explore Marina Bay by River Cruise

I took a boat ride service with WaterB to explore the Singapore River. Be sure to go on board before sunset and you will get stunning views of Marina Bay with clear dark blue sky.

Marina Bay SandsMarina Bay Sands

The EsplanadeThe Esplanade

Merlion and BuildingsMerlion and Buildings

6. Top of hotel building / outside the bedroom

I and my parents stayed at Pan Pacific Singapore for easy access to Singapore Marathon. It was lucky to have a room at the top floor and the view of Marina Bay was just in front of my room !

If you don't mind about price per night, let's try to stay at some hotels near Marina Bay once.

Marina Bays Sands from my bedroomMarina Bays Sands from my bedroom

Singapore Flyer in the early morningSingapore Flyer in the early morning

7. Gardens by the Bay

It's not surprised that Gardens by the Bay is the recently most famous landmark for all those who travel to Singapore due to its remarkable design and layout. The place is always crowded during night time. It was quite rushed (for photographer like me) on OCBC Skyway as staff encouraged tourists to move faster - just be prepared and update the weather forecast.

Gardens by the BayGardens by the Bay

OCBC SkywayOCBC Skyway

Worm's eye viewWorm's eye view

8. Sands Skypark Observation Deck

This is a must-go place to see Singapore from the top. The location is at the top-floor of Marina Bay Sands. Ticket prices is 23 SGD for adult - free for hotel guest. Up there, you can stay as long as you want - my recommendation is to stay there about an hour before/after sunset to enjoy the view at both times.

Singapore from the topSingapore from the top

9. Marina Barrage & Gardens by the Bay East

This is another popular spot for seeing view of Marina Bay Sands, Gardens by the Bay and the Canopy altogether with flowers as a foreground. This photo was taken by my smartphone during morning running.

This view from my morning runThis view from my morning run

10. 1-Altitude
This is quite an unseen place for both locals and tourists to see 360-degree views of Singapore. You need to pay additional 18 SGD to take elevator up to the roof top bar during the day time. For night time, the ticket prices will be 35 SGD for 6pm - 9pm and 45 SGD for 9pm onwards (2 drinks inclusive for both sessions).

View from 1-AltitudeView from 1-Altitude

View from 1-AltitudeView from 1-Altitude

Go touch the skyGo touch the sky

There are a lot more interesting places that I didn't visit and include here, so there will definitely be my next trip to Singapore. 🙂

Singapore, สิงคโปร์
17 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Recommended photo spots in Singapore

I was there so so so so so many years ago and these were not there. Thank you for sharing! Just beautiful!!!

Level 8

So beautiful collection Dear @SunPanupong  @Denise_Barlock 

Level 10

Level 8
Level 8

Great photos! Thanks for taking us to Singapore @SunPanupong 🙂 Numbers 5 and 7 are my personal favorites. Hopefully, I'll be able to check them on my bucket list soon.

Level 7

This has always been a far away destination for many, therefore an exciting place. What else, except the architecture, do you find interesting about these buildings, @SunPanupong ? 🙂 

Level 10

@FlameFox  Singapore is a good combination of culture and technology, especially buildings, infrastructure and public transportation system. I think the infrastructure has been well-established and continuously developed from generations to generations. 

Level 7

I can see that the infrastructure and superstructure of the city are on a very high level indeed. I am curious to know more about the history and culture of the places you have shared with us, @SunPanupong . Do you know any curious facts about them?