SuzanneBozz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Recent changes and updates in maps

The menu for opening hours has been changed on my side, also adding new options and exceptions. Maybe more new features are just on the way.

More options, but setting opening hours for all days of the week seems no longer be possible. You have to set each day of the week individually.

New opening hours tabNew opening hours tab

Instead you set the opening hours once then select the following days and that setting will be taken over as default for the other days.

Setting opening hoursSetting opening hours

Adding a website now looks so:

new-look-add-a-website-google-maps.png

Sending changes seems to go much faster than before. Maybe it is only the graphical output, but feels quite faster here from my side once you push that button "Send".

Also the "add phone number" menu/dialogue has changed. Same content, new look.

All in all I have the impression that the process is much faster now. As for the opening hours, I miss the clickbox to select the same setting for all days. That was a much faster workflow.

1 comment
Level 10

Re: Recent changes and updates in maps

Yes, This was on Android but from today, Google extended it to web version.

To be honest I prefer old interface and think this new one is not so straight. It seems that system use something like iframe to load editing area and this is slower than before in-App editing area. Just as my experience!

Also as you mentioned now we should enter each day working hours separately and this is not pleasant at all.

This new editing method also caused another problem which I described here:

Wrong Naming Language

Hope Googlers works more on this new editing area to make it more user-friendly.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides