ArthanariC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Receive free Google Drive storage for one year

What happens to my files after 1 year. Can anyone make this more clear.

Alpharetta, GA, United States
8 comments
Level 4

Re: Receive free Google Drive storage for one year

Nothing, but then you have to buy storage, it's no longer free. 😞

Connect Moderator

Hi @ArthanariC, your files will stay saved in your Google Drive. If you don't have any more storage space, you won't be able to add more files unless you remove files or buy storage.

For more information, please take a look at the following article 🙂

Free Drive storage offer for Local Guides

Level 8

Also, is there on option to allow us to earn another year after the 1st expires?

Level 4

You would think so, but not currently. 😞

And just to be clear, in no way do I believe this to be a cheap & tawdry ploy for Google to sell more storage while we gather data for google maps!

Level 3

So from this statement

Your files will stay saved in your Google Drive. If you don't have any more storage space, you won't be able to add more files unless you remove files or buy storage.

from here

https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6345112?hl=en&ref_topic=6281797

it appears like i can have the storage with my files forever, and any additional storage i can buy as needed. 

Nobody had their files disappear suddenly right?

Also what is the amount of storage as i am seeing numbers from 1 TB to 100 GB. Recently if any one reached Level 4, what is the number that they got.

Level 9
Level 9

@ArthanariC wrote:

Also what is the amount of storage as i am seeing numbers from 1 TB to 100 GB. Recently if any one reached Level 4, what is the number that they got.

100GB. It was 1TB but the rules changed in July

Connect Moderator

@ArthanariC Hi.. 

Plz clear your doubt or Attention to @iyudhi reaply... 

Otherwise All new local Guides Who reached level 4 after june 2016 got 100Gb free drive usually. Befor june this was 1TB drive free offer...

Finally I want to say u that without free drive ooffer there are many access for us.... I think u found this on benefits section... 

We can use that chances to prove our capability as a local Guides....  

Happy guiding...

Connect Moderator

@ArthanariC Your files will not suddenly disappear, unless you delete them explicitly. Once the promotion ends, and you don't choose to renew the storage plan, you can steal read and download your existing files, but you won't be able to put more files into the drive before you delete some files to get the storage level below your existing plan.