BeatrizAguilar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Recapitulation of my experience in Connect Live 2018

Hashtags used this yearHashtags used this year

A few days have passed since C.L 2018 and I'm still happy because I've shared with other Local Guides from several countries and I've met some googlers who are constantly working to improve Google Maps and the L.G. program.

This invitation to C.L. in San Francisco coincided with the week of my birthday, for this reason, I assumed it as a surprise gift. Celebrating it in that city was impressive. Since I arrived at the San Francisco Airport I recieved the best treatment; someone waited for me; then I was transported to the Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf Hotel. The accommodation there was ideal, both the comfortable room and the cordiality and the attention of the staff, in addition to the location of this hotel is wonderful because it's the bay area, which I was able to tour in a photowalk organized by Google people with the objective of taking pictures applying the techniques learned during the sessions.

San Francisco is a city with different means of transport; from the Hotel I was able to take the cable car to go shopping in the stores that are near the Union Square reccommended by the L.G. of San Francisco. I also traveled on Muni (Metro) to explore Embarcadero & Folsom Street and  I returned  to the hotel by bus (all very cheap and easy). I'm eating vegetarian tacosI'm eating vegetarian tacos

The food during the whole event was also important. I tried many dishes that I didn't know like tofu or quinoa; So delicious! The organizers took care of having a diverse menu for each diner with a specific diet, such as vegetarian, vegan, frugivorous, among others. With the excuse that it was my birthday, I ate good cup cakes, muffins, cookies, chocolates and candies, some of them were given to me by L.G. as an exchange of gifts. Among the souvenirs I brought home were handicrafts, keychains, pins, stickers, pens, seasoning spices, coffee, sunglasses, a beautiful L.G. backpack and a Theta V camera to capture 360° images.

Gifts and souvenirsGifts and souvenirs

There were so many things to see and learn that the schedules were structured to fully cover the learning sessions, the brainstorming, the presentations of important people, the award to the best local guides who contributed their work to improve the community. 

There was party time too. In fact, everything C.L. felt like a great "fiesta" in honor of our passion for being Local Guides.

The closing was in the Googleplex, the dream came true. I took pictures with Andy (the little green man from Android), toasted with Californian wine (surprisingly good) and asked for a birthday wish: Return the next Connect Live.

Thanks you Google Team for making this possible!

Regards

Beatriz

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
23 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Recapitulation of my experience in Connect Live 2018

Hi @BeatrizAguilar,

I'm so glad to see that you had a great time during the Connect Live 2018. Also, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with all of us as well as for the kind words.

P.S.: Happy Belated Birthday! I wish you all the best and a lot of happiness in your life. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

@BeatrizAguilar Its a different experience and you got this chance by your great contributions ! Thanks from me for share this especial experience with us here..

Keep sharing ..

Happy Guiding !!!

Level 10

Hi @BeatrizAguilar nice to meet you! Congratulations for your achievements!

Welcome to Connect 2.0!

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, may I take this opportunity to give you some information about Local Guides Community Forum Connect:

Happy mapping!

Level 9

@KlaudiyaG I had a lot of fun and I learned so much that I could write an entire essay about this experience. 

@ShafiulB and @LucioV thank you for your comments. This is my second post 🤗

Level 10

Level 8

Hi @BeatrizAguilar your recap is perfect and I agree with you they do everything to give us the best treatment as possible in all the moments, how can they be so amazing doing this? Only love and passion on their jobs can explain this. So again thank you Google for this awesome event🎉🎁

Luciana Velasques Cervo
Brasil!| ospetsprecisamde! Blog
Level 10

Nice sharing @BeatrizAguilar and happy belated birthday! 

I also wanna write my experience this summit, like I was done it for last year's summit. Thanks for starting the  idea

Level 9

Nice post, Beatriz. The awrsome summit has left an indelible impression on all of us, I think.

Happy birthday belatedly!!

Level 9

@Stuart_C I enjoy all your Connect Live pictures that show different moments of this event. With your photos, the memories will have faces and names of the attendees and the googlers in the future when we remember this experience . Thank you for sharing them in the Kimberly Ann Graham's album