Sagir's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Recap: WW Hospital Edit Walk S2: Lagos

Hoare's Memorial Methodist Cathedral clinic, YabaHoare's Memorial Methodist Cathedral clinic, Yaba

It's another great day in my local guide journey.

As planned, our meet up time is 9am local time. I left my home at about 0815am knowing that our meet up point is not far from my house.

While enroute to the meeting place I didn't hesitate, I started by checking the status of the maternity I saw along the way and I found that is well mapped. I took pictures and I continue.

I arrived the vwnue by 0848am and waited for others to join me. I waited for 1 hour 50 minutes but nobody show up. I remain that it is Sunday, meaning most of the local Guides will be in the church. 

I took the bull by the horn ?

I started the walk only me. One man solo.Walking in the sunWalking in the sun

Within the area I covered I was able to check 4 hospitals/clinics (among which is 2 maternities), 3 pharmaceutical stores, 2 eye Doctor's office and 1 health centre.Eye contact limited. An eye clinicEye contact limited. An eye clinic

Check photo Album here

I was glad that I did this walk knowing that my contribution will help someone.

Kind regards

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria
12 comments
Level 6

Re: Recap: WW Hospital Edit Walk S2: Lagos

I love you determination and strong spirit... Keep the flame burning, it's warming us up here to follow in your step. Kudos Sir!

Level 10

Kudos Mallam! I know this hospital and I've taken pictures before but I can't remember if I added it or not! Hoping to join in next expeditions. I'm also sad I missed this meet-up recovering from the marathon race a day earlier! Keep it up @Sagir 

Always happy improving the maps and connect here!
Connect Moderator

@Sagir it's great that you did the walk, your contributions will definitely help people 🙂

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Sagir,

Thank you for your Recap.

Thank you for being so dedicated to the Program. Here at home we have a proverb which says " Alone the warrior, is still a warrior".

You did a great job.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

your contribution means guidance to someone. keep it up Sir @Sagir 

Level 6

A Very good job Mr Sagir more grease to your elbow

Former Google Contributor

Hi, @Sagir. Thank you for sharing your recap and dedication is widely appreciated. Contributing to the community by yourself sometimes could be a great self-therapy. At least it helps you focus and notice stuff you wouldn't otherwise. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Thanks for your support and words of encouragement...

@MashaPS  @Jesi  @Tahir_yarima  @MZ_Ahmerd  @MrLabule  @Udeh_Udah 

Kind regards

Sagir

Connect Moderator

Hi @IrrPavlova 

Your kind words and motivation is greatly appreciated.

As if you know that day I discovered a school that was founded in 1879. 

I use to pass along the area but I have never noticed it. 140 years old school.140 years old school.