KhamphoutS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[ Recap ] Vientiane Local Guide First Meet-up

A Meet-up bannerA Meet-up banner

After idea of meet-up has been approved, I started to make announcement for the very first (I guess) local guides meet-up in Vientiane over facebook, Instagram and twitter, few days was full of registration that I expecting 10 attendees but lot of friends who could make it to the registration to attend I just told them feel free to join as I can't make change at the connect.

Before event date, I've informed the owner of cafe that we're gathering at their place and they're welcome us.

Event date, I arrived before meet-up time to make small decoration by having local guide pin wheels, LG flag and logo on the table.

Table decorationTable decorationFinally 5 showed up so we have 6 person including myself. We've starting introduce ourselves and I lean that only me and @Max completely working not relating to IT out of 4 @Jimmy @Jettana @Meenoy @Nanthavath is working in IT & Tech company... So make it easy to discuss my topics with them as they're already involving IT and technology.We're Vientiane Local GuidesWe're Vientiane Local Guides

I've start with my topic discussion as agenda

1. How-to use Maps. Most of them occasion use the Maps for navigation and searching for places;

2. How-to add missing places on Maps. Most know how to add photo, review, answer question to the Maps, but not clearly how to add place! So I've guide them both Android and iOS devices also guide them how to write review with quality and fact of the places.

3. How to joining connect forum. All of them were not know that there's a platform for local guides communicating with Googlers using connect (same as me last 2 years). Most of them interesting and will learn more on the connect.

4. Recap on the trip to San Francisco joining Local Guide Connect Live 2018 experience to them and guide them to be preparation for next year event application (if Google still held this event... I hope)

5. Discuss future meet-up idea. There are 2 ideas for next meet-up 1) Photo walk and 2) Coffee claw

From left: Jimmy, Bo & NathanFrom left: Jimmy, Bo & NathanFrom left: Meenoy & MaxFrom left: Meenoy & Max

Meenoy won lucky draw Google sun glasses that I brought from SFMeenoy won lucky draw Google sun glasses that I brought from SF

Nathan with key chain and local guides flagNathan with key chain and local guides flag

Our last discussion was talking little bit about the Street View and 360 camera that also still new to me! I offering them borrow my Theta V that gift from CL2018 and we're looking forward to host another meet-up soon.   Playing with Theta VPlaying with Theta V

Next meet-up will be announce soonNext meet-up will be announce soon

#localguides #letsguide #localguideconnect 

2 comments
Level 5

Re: [ Recap ] Vientiane Local Guide First Meet-up

I'am waiting for next meetup

Level 10

Re: [ Recap ] Vientiane Local Guide First Meet-up

@Little13ear thank you for dropping by 🙂

I'll organize new meet-up soon after Thatluang Festival for "Photo Walk Meet-up"

Stay tune