Sagir's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Recap: Taste of Gombe

Smiley faces at the meet upSmiley faces at the meet up

This meet up was meant to celebrate a naming ceremony at my place for the new baby girl I was blessed with on the 10th of September.

I invited the Lagos local guides as my immediate family to celebrate with me.

As a person from Gombe I use this opportunity to show case some of the cuisines of my place to them.

In the menu of the day was

1.  Masa (rice cake) with vegetables soup 

2. Jollof rice with roasted chicken and salad

3. Nono (locally made yoghourt) 

4. Kuli kuli (peanut cake)

5. Lovely locally made juices (Zobo and Kunu)Masa with vegetables soupMasa with vegetables soup

Recipe for Masa

Check here for the pictures of the event.

It was amazing sharing my culture with you guides. @SanyaOdare @Specobelle @MrLabule @BukolaAjayi @Lelekena @ALEXISshotIT @Olumide1 and other guides that attended their first meet up. Also guides like @pwanaduku who send her wishes.

This is how we roll the day...

Kind regards

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

24 comments
Level 9

Re: Recap: Taste of Gombe

@Sagir I hope is a wonderful taste.

I know you guys enjoyed yourselves.

Nice

Connect Moderator

Thanks for your kind words @Austinelewex

Level 9

ohhhh @Sagir what a nice meet-up :)))

It´s fantastic to see how we, Local Guides, are having a really friendship. It´s wonderful to see how you invited other LGs to your place to celebrate your newborn daughter. 

The menu looks yummy yummy :))))

Congratulations for being a wonderful father and for this lovely meet-up.

Good Evening from the South of Spain,

Alejandra

Connect Moderator

Thanks for your kind words @AlejandraMaria

Local guide is one of the best thing that ever happened to me.

The bond and respect between us guides is special...

Kind regards

Sagir

Level 10

It was a wonderful event and glad I made it. The first to arrive the event though! The sight and sound of food makes me alright and one I can't afford to miss. May God bless you and your family. Be safe Mallam @Sagir

Always happy improving the maps and connect here!
Connect Moderator

Congratulations @Sagir I was eager to join this meetup but suddenly an urgent task was before me. 😢😭 I missed the mass.

Level 10

Hi my friend  @Sagir,

Congratulations to you and your wife for the baby.

All the best for the 5 of you ;-).

It was great to see you and the local guides team celebrating such a beautiful moment. I enjoyed viewing the pictures and I would have loved trying the food with all of you.

Thanks for sharing

See you around

Jul

Google Moderator

Hi @Sagir,

Thanks for sharing this recap with us. It's great to see so many happy faces and delicious meals! Maybe you can also add a recipe or two, so that we can try to make some of these delicacies at home?

And congratulations on your newborn daughter! All my best wishes to your little girl. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

@Sagir it looks like a very fun meet up, everyone seems to be having a great time in the photos.

The food looks delicious, especially the masa. It caught my eye as soon as I saw it because it looked so good, and everyone's comments confirm how good it is.. I need to try it.

Your daughter looks cute and healthy too ☺️

Thank you for sharing this with us!