SalmaanN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Recap] TGIHW - Photo Walk Meetup at Lalbagh Botanical Garden

Hi wonderful Local Guides.

I am going to share the recap of the meetup which I recently hosted. This meetup is conducted nation wide by many Local Guides from India on Nov 4th 2018, sharing the heritage of India. I hosted the Photo Walk meetup at Lalbagh Botanical Garden, Bengaluru. The reason for selecting this place is because Lalbagh Botanical Garden is filled with so many natural resources. One visiting this place will mostly forget it's in the busiest parts of the city, Bengaluru as this place is that much filled with nature.

I reached meetup place 30 minutes prior to meetup time. Then, I get to meet the meetup attendees, Jasour, Anand, Rahul and Dipankar Sir. From Right to Left- Me(Salmaan), Anand, Jasour, Rahul and DipankarG SirFrom Right to Left- Me(Salmaan), Anand, Jasour, Rahul and DipankarG Sir

Among the four meetup attendees, I have already met Dipankar Sir in one of my meetups which I hosted at Tipu Sultan's Summer Palace. It was a pleasure to meet to new as well as the previous meetup attendees. We then introduced ourselves to each other. I shared my experience about Connect Live 2018 with them and all listened to it. Then we had a little discussion about the Local Guides Program and started the meetup. We explored the Lalbagh Botanical Garden first by walk, as it is big. Inside Lalbagh Botanical GardenInside Lalbagh Botanical Garden

Inside Lalbagh Botanical GardenInside Lalbagh Botanical Garden

We first went to Crystal Building, located inside the Lalbagh Botanical Garden.

Crystal BuildingCrystal Building

The Crystal Building is decorated twice a year, (Independence day and Republic day) and many people visit it. While exploring Lalbagh, we were able to see so many beautiful wood carvings of different animals.Wood carvingsWood carvings

During the walk, we all had ice creams. We all were taking so many photos during our walk. We saw the electric car pay ride inside the Lalbagh where the visitors are riding with the guide since the Lalbagh is so big and it will be very difficult for one to cover it by walk. So we decided to take ride and got the tickets and then the real fun began. During the ride, we were able to see so many places inside Lalbagh Botanical Garden such as Pigeon House, Silk Cotton Trees, Bamboo Trees, Rose Garden, Lalbagh Lake, etc and the guide clearly explained about the places during the ride.Places seen during the ridePlaces seen during the ride

I tried taking few 360 photos with my new Recoh theta which I got as a gift from wonderful Local Guides Team during Connect Live 2018 and it really came very well. Then we decided to end the meetup and it was really a great time exploring Lalbagh Botanical Garden with the other Local Guides. Photo near Crystal BuildingPhoto near Crystal Building

This meetup is really one of my favourite meetups because I was able to meet four new Local Guides through this meetup and returned from this meetup with their friendship and amazing experiences.

I am so thankful to Dipankar Sir for attending this even if I was unable to invite him personally. My thanks to Jasour, Anand and Rahul for attending this meetup and making it memorable. My thanks to all Local Guides and Local Guides Team for providing the opportunity to explore, learn and share.

I will share the photo album link later of this meetup. Please check the video recap below.

Happy Guiding!

Vellore Local Guides
18 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [Recap] TGIHW - Photo Walk Meetup at Lalbagh Botanical Garden

@SalmaanN Hei my friend! You did a great meet up with some interesting Local Guides. Hope you will get more Local Guides with you ...

Keep exploring ...

Happy Guiding!

Level 9

Nice photo walk meet up at Lalbagh Botanical Garden @SalmaanN Good pictures I think you enjoyed a lot,Thank you for sharing with us...

Level 8

Thanks Salmaan for organising this meetup and finally summing it up here wonderfully. I thoroughly enjoyed this meet-up, meeting new local guides and you in particular. It was great to know your experience of Connect Live 2018. Will look forward to many such meet-ups in future. You are already doing a great job representing LG community of Bangalore. Keep up the good work mate.

Level 8

Hi @ShafiulB. Thanks for the encouragement. I totally enjoyed this meetup. Hope to get more local guides on future meetups. 

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

I am glad that you like my recap post, @NirmalTeja. This meetup was indeed full of enjoyment. It doesn't felt like meeting a new person. It felt like meeting someone I know. Thanks! 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

Thank you so much for taking time to attend this meetup, @DipG Sir. I was very happy on seeing you in this meetup. Looking forward to meet you in upcoming meetups. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Level 10

Hi @SalmaanN,

Thanks for making me discovering the Lalbagh Botanical Garden. 

I love discovering places and it is great to read your posts!

See you around

Jul

Level 8

Hi @Julien44,

I am glad that you like the recap post. Lalbagh is such a great place to visit alone, or to visit with friends as well as family. We will visit it when you come here someday! Thanks 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

Thank you @Salmaan for organising this meet-up, it was a wonderful time and it was great to know your experience of Connect Live 2018. Look forward for more meet up and make new LG friends in future. I hope will see again and keep up the good work.

Bengaluru Local Guide