SJasourH98's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[ Recap ] TGIHW - Photo Walk Meetup at Bengaluru

Hey Local Guides

I’m going to share my experience in meet up TGIHW - Photo Walk Meetup At Lalbagh Botanical Garden Bengaluru and  special Thanks to @SalmaanN for organising Meetup.

It’s was great experience meeting LG

Salmaan, Anand, Rahul and Dipankar sir.LG  Salmaan, Anand, Rahul and Dipankar sirLG Salmaan, Anand, Rahul and Dipankar sir

We introduced ourselves to each other and Salmaan shared he’s experience about Connect Live 2018, it was great.

we explored the Lalbagh Botanical Garden first by Walk, as it is big.Ice CreamIce Cream

We all had ice cream, and we all saw the electric car pay ride inside the Lalbagh, we took a ride, it was difficult to cover up by Walk.

Electric CarElectric Car

We cover so many places like,

Pigeon House, Silk Cotton Trees, Bamboo Trees, Rose Garden, Lalbagh Lake, Crystal Building, Wood Carvings etc

A2B585CE-B67F-4AEB-81BD-9D24C18DCA9F.jpeg

07203AA4-94AF-483B-91BC-1309AEAF2E91.jpeg

FF1A93DA-151B-4122-B075-08D6FFEE8580.jpeg

18515E2D-85D7-49A8-8C4C-620CC61197A1.jpeg

98D6647C-F361-4109-B0CE-03F343600666.jpeg

I had an amazing time , one again thanks Salmaan for organising Meetup and looking forward for more amazing Meetup.

Bengaluru Local Guide
Lalbagh Botanical Garden, Mavalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
13 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: [ Recap ] TGIHW - Photo Walk Meetup at Bengaluru

Hi @SJasourH98,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Your photos are beautiful and you all look happy.

Would you like to tell us a bit more about the Botanical Garden? I`m sure it would be interesting for the other Local Guides.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

It is my pleasure to share more information @Petra_M

A Small Summary

Lalbagh or Lalbagh Botanical Gardens, meaning The Red Garden in English, is a well-known botanical garden in southern Bengaluru, India . It has a famous Glass House  dating from 1889 which hosts two annual flower shows (26 January and 15 August). Lalbagh houses India's largest collection of tropiacl plants, has a lake, and is one of the main tourist attractions in Bengaluru. Lal Bagh is also home to a few species of birds. The commonly sighted birds include Myna, Parakeets, Crows, Brahminy KitePond Heron, Common Egret, Kingfisher, Spotted Owlets, Spotted kite, Spotted Pelican, Ducks, Indian Cormorant, Purple Moor Hen etc.

I took some information from Google.

as well.

Bengaluru Local Guide

Thank you for the information @SJasourH98. This place seems exotic and interesting for me. Once I have the chance, I`m going to visit it.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 10

Hi friend LG @SJasourH98; our @SalmaanN mentioned to me about this Meetup. Great expedition; Good collection of Photos - Congrats!

- I think, if we walk, we get better feel of this precious area! is it not?

The following is a 1st level LIST of Places to visit, within Lalbagh Botanical Garden (a part abstract from my Google Map Review, long back): May be try some of these places, in the next trip - Thanks.

CAUTION: (as per rule) Pets are not allowed

• Eatables limited to some areas
  • Paid parking available
  • 2 official entrances
  • Entry Gardens
  • Kempegowda Towers (4)
  • Glass House (Very famous)
  • Floral Clock (Excellent Family area)
  • Bonsai Garden (Another family area)
  • Tree Fossil
  • Directorate Building
  • Guard Room
  • Lake
  • Band Stand
  • Pigeon House
  • Topiary Garden ( Special for Children & Camera)
  • Bombax Tree
  • Horticulture Information Center
  • Pigeon Colony
  • Water Recycling Plant
  • Jaivik Krishik Society
  • Lecture Hall
  • Cactus House
  • Few Shops
  • Nursery
  • Many more... components to enjoy..

May be this is interesting for you all, dear @Petra_M

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Thanks for all the information @TravellerG, I love it.

Thanks for sharing your recap, @SJasourH98. The photos are amazing. How big is the crystal building? I hope it's not easily breakable.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Hey @IrrPavlova 

i had no idea, how big it’s but I searched in Google and find out some interesting information.

The main hall of the Glass House also  known as Crystal Palaceis spread across 160 ft X 80 ft. Two wings perpendicular to it measure 60ft X 40ft each.
The development of the Lalbagh garden, spread across 25 acres today , was commissioned by ruler of Mysuru, Haider Ali, in 1760 and was completed by his son Tipu Sultan.

If you want to know more about it check out this link :- https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/m.economictimes.com/magazines/panache/date-with-history-all-you-need-...

Thank You 😊 

Bengaluru Local Guide

Thank you for sharing these details, @SJasourH98. The Glass House is really breathtaking. I'd love to visit someday.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@SJasourH98 बेंगलुरुु का अनुभव साझा करने के लिए धन्यवाद।