deadmanjones's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[Recap] Stockport 360° Photo Walk with #MCRLocalGuides

thetaplus_20181118185228708.jpg

On Sunday November 18th the Manchester Local Guides joined in the worldwide 360° photography meetup organized by @ValeriaA_ with a mooch around Stockport Market Place.

Stockport has had a market for 750 years, and so the Old Town has many split levels and pedestrian areas that haven't made it to streetview, making it a good place to try out new ways to add to streetview... although the main focus for #MCRLocalGuides was, as always, eating and drinking. Coffee at SK1 Records to see us on our wayCoffee at SK1 Records to see us on our way

After meeting up we began with coffee at the newly opened SK1 Records. Apart from enjoying the coffee and vinyl we were able to introduce the business owner - who didn't think he was on Google maps yet - to what we as Local Guides were doing.

Back outside we started to try and add streetview images. Myself and @AdrianLunsong have 360 cameras, but as mine doesn't work well with my LG G5 it was a good excuse for @TimBull to try it out with his Pixel 2. It was also a great opportunity to show Local Guide Peter Williams how to use the streetview app to add 360 without having a 360 camera.

St Mary's ChurchyardSt Mary's Churchyard

Rostrons BrowRostrons Brow 

There was still plenty of time for more food and drink though. Tim got us into an unopened pub that's still undergoing renovation, and that's now added to Google maps ready for opening day. Then it was pizza and pints at another brand new bar, Project 53...Project 53Project 53

...followed by the much older Arden Arms for some of Stockport's infamous barley wine "Old Tom".Arden ArmsArden Arms

We all got great shots, 360° and otherwise. For streetview, whilst our interval photographs were the most cumbersome method they've been loaded to Google maps fastest, while we're still waiting for video to appear. So for the first time you can now walk all the way round the Market Hall on streetview for the first time, but there's still no images for Rostron Brow ?.

Live on StreetviewLive on Streetview

Stockport, UK
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: [Recap] Stockport 360° Photo Walk with #MCRLocalGuides

Hi @deadmanjones,

Thank you for sharing it with us, I`m sure you had a great time.

The photos are amazing and everyone can join to the event through them.

PS.: You can leave reviews of the visited places on Google Maps, if you did not do it already. Feel free to check it out the Write reviews and add ratings of places article.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @deadmanjones,

Wow, thanks so much for sharing this recap. It looks amazing and I'm sure @AdrianLunsong and @TimBull had a good time!

Looking forward to your next meet-up! 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Hey @deadmanjones it was such a good trip out! 

Loads of fun!

My fav 360 was here: (you can see me lying down! hahaha)

https://goo.gl/maps/eGvhpq5wdmL2

I also got some amazing photos that trip! its incrediable what photos you can get when the light is right!

IMG_20181118_171151.jpg

IMG_20181118_153156.jpg

IMG_20181118_150238.jpg

Manchester UK Local Guides: https://goo.gl/tBYxXm (Come Join us!)
Anonymous
Not applicable

A-mazing, @deadmanjones!

Looks like you had a lot of fun while capturing some beautiful images! 

Thank you so much for sharing this with us 🙂

Connect Moderator

Thanks @deadmanjones for hosting this! It was great fun indeed! And I still need to post process some of my photos so that I can add it here! 

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews