SalmaanN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Recap - My Connect Live Delhi 2018 Experience

The year 2018 had been a great and memorable year in my life and it's only because of Google Local Guides.photo_1550519630237.jpg

I ended my studies and joined a company in early 2018 and from then, Local Guides has it's part. In my Interview, when I was introducing about myself, I shared my Local Guides experience with my Interviewer about how great this Connect platform is, what I do as a Local Guide and why I love being a Local Guide, etc. All these were came just in a flow and I believe it really impressed the Interviewer because I got selected and currently working in that company. Then came the Connect Live 2018 Announcement and many of my Connect friends encouraged me to apply and I applied for it at a very last time and then the result came. I got selected to attend Connect Live 2018 which was one of the most breathtaking moments of my life. Few months passed in the excitement to attend Connect Live 2018 and the days come when I finally attended Connect Live 2018 and came back home with so many lovely memories and wonderful friends across the globe. You can read my recap on Connect Live 2018. Again, the Local Guides Team surprised me with another great invitation to attend Connect Live Delhi which was conducted on December 8, 2018. I was super excited on attending Connect Live Delhi because I started missing many of the Local Guides friends I met at Connect Live at Sanfransisco. I was so glad to meet the two of the Connect Live Attendees from India - @PriyankaU from Gujarat, @vvbellur from Bengaluru at Connect Live Delhi. It was the first time for me to visit Delhi and I was able to visit Delhi only because of the Connect Live Delhi invitation. Connect Live Delhi was a one day event. It was busy days in my office anyhow I managed and took leave to attend Connect Live Delhi. The day came and I reached Delhi and reached the event venue a hour earlier. Managed to enter with my DSLR camera inside the venue with the help of Vandana and Priyanka.A pic with Vandana, Priyanka and ShreyansA pic with Vandana, Priyanka and Shreyans

I was able to recognize some Local Guides who I already know through Connect. I met @deepakjhic and the Local Guides who got selected to attend Connect Live 2018  @LoveKaushik3 , ThumathyDaniel.

Daniel and Kaushik bhaiDaniel and Kaushik bhaiDeepak, Suraj and friendsDeepak, Suraj and friendsAt People & CoAt People & Co

I also made so many new Local Guides friends Shreyans, Suraj, Yatendra, Ishanth, Abhishek, and many others. I had a great food and the event started with a session from googlers. It was indeed an informative and wonderful session. 

Then, a great session on photography and tips was taken which was really helpful and it was followed by breakout sessions where we discussed on Local Guides Program and I totally enjoyed it. Everyone were having a great time, sharing thoughts, taking photos, giving feedbacks which was so amazing. I too took so many photos during the event. The event became much more exciting and energising when everyone made in different groups based on band color which everyone get when entering to the event. Then as a group we visited restaurants and places accompanied by Local Guides Team. I was wearing blue color band, we went to Hardcafe restaurant first where we Photographers explained us on how to take photos of a dish when adding to Google Maps.photo_1550518926755.jpg

photo_1550519169980.jpg

Everyone took photos and practiced and I took some inside photos of the restaurant also. We then visited another restaurant followed by the Smash which is a gaming place. It was my favorite because I enjoyed virtual reality experience inside and it was so great to be there.photo_1550519874916.jpg

In between this event, Local Guides Team gave different badges to us which was really great. We then visited Chumbak where we took some great photos and everyone got a purse as a gift in Chumbak. Photos taken at ChumbakPhotos taken at Chumbak

We then came back to the event venue itself where every other group too came. Everyone designed a android photo and gave their name, then after sometime, we were able to get it designed in a bottle which was an amazing thing to keep with us and remember this great time. As this is organized by Local Guides Team, it will not end even now. We all got a Connect Live Delhi 2018 T-shirt as a gift. One more great gift was given by Local Guides Team. It's the Uber Gift Card of Rs.2000/-. I started using it and feel so privileged and lucky to have had this amazing opportunity being a Local Guide. As I already mentioned, Local Guides Team made 2018 a memorable year of my life. I will continue as a Local Guide and try my best to give back and contribute for the betterment of everyone. Thank you all. Looking forward to meeting you all somewhere, someday. Until then, Happy Guiding! 

Vellore Local Guides
35 comments
Level 9

Re: Recap - My Connect Live Delhi 2018 Experience

Hello @SalmaanN bro, 

There is a proverb in Hindi language "Der aaye par durust aaye". I always wanted to met any local guide who attended connect live and I was able to catch you there. It is a nice recap bro. 

Feel free to read another recap here, 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Recap-Connect-live-2018-Delhi/td-p/1197124

With me there is an amazing local guide from Delhi @AdarshUmangRaj .

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Thank you so much for your kind words, @deepakjhic Bhai. It was a pleasure meeting you and Adarsh bhai at Connect Live Delhi. Meeting a Connect friend of India is a great feel. Hope to see you soon. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Former Google Contributor

Hi @SalmaanN,

Thank you for sharing with us.

It looks like you had a lot of fun. Your post makes me very inspired, I hope that other Local Guides will get inspired from your post as well.

Keep on great posts and enjoy being a Local Guide.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Connect Moderator

@SalmaanN  What an experience you got again. You all are so lucky that got like this chance again. I like your post which is all detailed with nice photographs.

Keep sharing...

Happy Guiding! 

Level 10

Thanks dear @SalmaanN, yes it looks like you had very fruitful year in 2018. It's a lovely story with lots of excitements and surprises. 

I wish the more success in the year 2019 too. Keep up your good works!!! 

Level 9

হ্যালো @SalmaanN ভাই, এত সুন্দর একটা রিক্যাপ শেয়ার করার জন্য আপনাকে অনেক ধন্যবাদ । নিঃসন্দেহে, এটি আপনার জন্য অনেক বড় একটা অভিজ্ঞতা ছিল । আপনার জন্য অনেক শুভ কামনা রইল ।  

I ❤️ Bangladesh | Meet-Ups | Achievements | Instagram | My Website
Level 8

I am glad that you like my post, @MoniV . I tried to cumulate everything happened at Connect Live Delhi from my perspective in this post. I will try my best to come up with more good post. Thanks for your encouragement!

Vellore Local Guides
Former Google Contributor

You are more then welcome @SalmaanN, can't wait to see your next posts.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 8

Thank you so much dear @ShafiulB. Your words means so much to me. I hope Connect Live will come to Bangladesh also. See you someday soon. 

Vellore Local Guides