PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[Recap] Melbourne Cup Day and 360 Walk

The Meetup Crew L-R Paul, Jason, Terry, Maria, David, Andrew and ChandraThe Meetup Crew L-R Paul, Jason, Terry, Maria, David, Andrew and Chandra

On a cold wet morning a bunch of intrepid Local Guides gathered "Under the clocks" at Flinders Street Railway Station in Melbourne. The objective was to wander the streets of Melbourne exploring the laneways for Street Art while enjoying the company of other Local Guides and to grab a bite to eat and undertake a demonstration of making Street View paths if we found any places that didn't already have it. Under the clocks is an iconic meeting place in Melbourne, so much so that when the operators of Flinders Street Station removed the clocks there was public outcry and the much loved icons were put back up and even put back into service (they had not worked for years).

Pho GaPho Ga

The weather started out abysmal with heavy rain and light flooding in the streets. We sheltered in the station shooting the people going off to the Melbourne Cup horse racing before venturing out for Pho just down the road. Turns out that place wasn't on Maps - so I tried to add it Not Applied lol. I figured it would be hard to add because there are three businesses with the exact same name within 100 metres of each other. The Pho was really nice though even though I can't share it on Maps or review it...

Upside down me with Street ArtUpside down me with Street Art

We found a huge selection of Street Art from around Melbourne and enjoyed our exploring very much.

I'm pleased to say that Rankins Lane home of some the best coffee in Melbourne at Manchester Press now has Street View.

You can see some of my images in this album https://photos.app.goo.gl/rfsjL51AB4LUhHNZ9

and some of Maria's in https://photos.app.goo.gl/jxc68bYVu3uG6MtR8 

All in all it was a fabulous day and we really enjoyed ourselves. Thanks to @MariaNgo David, Terry, Chandra, Jason and Andrew for coming along and making it such a fun day.

Regards Paul

Melbourne VIC, Australia
3 comments
Google Moderator

Re: [Recap] Melbourne Cup Day and 360 Walk

Thanks for this recap @PaulPavlinovich 🙂 Looks like you had a great experience. I really like your upside down photo! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Every Meetup is fun @Ivi_Ge

Google Moderator

I am pretty sure @PaulPavlinovich. Every recap is interesting to me and I am happy to read all of them! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!