KashifMisidia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[Recap] Let's help thousands in Karachi in November : The accessibility and map editing walk

Walk started from MALC Headquarters Near Regal ChowkWalk started from MALC Headquarters Near Regal Chowk

Hello local guides,
Today I want to share my Reacp about the accessibility and map editing walk near MALC head quarters.
In morning I waited for other local guides to join me, but after waiting for fifteen minutes I started it alone.
There was a big reason of starting my accessiblity walk from MALC headquarters. The MALC Headquarters - (Marie Adelaide Leprosy Centre) was found by Doctor Ruth Pfau, who fought her whole life against Leprosy. And I want to visit with other local guides to "Angel" 's centre and home also, which is now titled as Doctor Ruth pfao musuem. And she was a real accessibility champion. I want to write a complete feature about her.

MALC Headquarters - Marie Adelaide Leprosy CentreMALC Headquarters - Marie Adelaide Leprosy Centre

Map editing walk :

There were many places which were not added on Google maps . During this map editing walk , nineteen new places were added with all descriptions and pictures. That market was called cooperative electronics market and it's contained a lot of electronic shops and hotels.

The entrance of a hotel, without wheelchair RampThe entrance of a hotel, without wheelchair Ramp

Another hotel with ♿ wheel chair accessible entrance.Another hotel with ♿ wheel chair accessible entrance.

Accessibility walk ♿♿♿ :
The sad part was that, during my one and half hour walk, I only saw one or two places which have wheel chair accesble entrance with ramp .
Many of places had steps or tall constructed entrance . Even, I found many Two stars hotels and one dental clinic, which did not have any accessible entrance nor any ramp.

Then I talked with the management of one hotel ,they listened very carefully to what I was saying, but in the end, did not give any major response. I hope they will think seriously about this matter, so the people who are using wheelchair, can also enjoy or avail facilities there.

Please check the Photos album for more pictures of my map editing and ♿ accessibility walk.

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

MALC Headquarters - Marie Adelaide Leprosy Centre, Karachi, Pakistan
15 comments
Level 9

Re: [Recap] Let's help thousands in Karachi in November : The accessibility and map editing walk

Well done @KashifMisidia

Thanks for sharing your recap with us, you are super local guide

Cheers

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦

Level 8

Re: [Recap] Let's help thousands in Karachi in November : The accessibility and map editing walk

Thanks for making an effort to map the places which are accessible to everyone, it is indeed very sad that the people don't take  care of such points while designing the place. We can take this matter with the govt. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KashifMisidia wao that's really very helpful for millions, very motivational Walk for other Local Guides, keep helping and motivating others, always stay blessed 

Former Google Contributor

Hey @KashifMisidia,

Excellent share, thank you! I am hoping this will create even more exposure for this great initiative.  I think @EmekaUlor and @PriyankaU would also be inspired by this post. 🙂

Well done, good job! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

@KashifMisidia Great post for a noble cause. Aap mashallah bahut acha kaam kar rahe hain. 🙂

Level 8

@KashifMisidia I admire the work you do and how active you are for the community around you. Really enjoying the photos you took 🙂

Connect Moderator

@AlexaAC it's a great news and motivation for the Accessibility cause. @KashifMisidia  and I have been sharing ideas around this and he is also joining the Worldwide Accessibility Walk in December.

It's a joy to see more efforts toward making the world inclusive 

Level 8

@KashifMisidia this is still a nice effort here and even if you didn't see many ramps the ramps we did see were nice ones so this means that someones thinking courtesy 

Connect Moderator

Thank you brother @راضي

JazakAllah for your kind words. 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge