Kamalhasnainee's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[Recap] Let’s Update The Accessibility Status!

IMG20181006201531.jpg

Hello friends, I am very glad to say that I have completed my accessibility meet up as a part of (Worldwide - Meet-up to help others get around in October by Ilankovan.) in various spots of Dhaka City for three days (I have included the list of those spots below).

Many many thanks to all participants for being with me and we made it successful meet up. Especially thanks to @ShahMdSultan @AdilKawser.

All of you will be happy to know that our government already started to renovate our footpaths with accessible facilities. I am very excited about this renovation. Salute for the changes in their mind and for the upgrading developments.

Yes, there are some places, actually some sensitive places where it is emergency to get the access of accessibility facilities. We have requested the authority to upgrade their place for disable people.

We have visited some spots where directly there is no the access of accessibility facilities but if anybody ask to access then the team of the authority are always helpful to get them. As an example Basundhara City Shopping Mall where there is no accessibility entrance directly but there is an opportunity in their basement area to get the wheelchair access in the shopping mall.

Let's view some clicks from the meet up -

1.jpgIn front of Stairs and Accessibility walk wayIn front of Stairs and Accessibility walk way3.jpg4.jpg5.jpgMain Gate of Insaf Al Barakah Kidney & General HospitalMain Gate of Insaf Al Barakah Kidney & General Hospitalinside view of Mustafa Mart, Basundhara Cityinside view of Mustafa Mart, Basundhara CityAccessibility walk way, GulshanAccessibility walk way, Gulshan9.jpg

I hope all of you will love this meet up @TraciC @IrrPavlova @KlaudiyaG @IlankovanT @ermest  @ShafiulB @BishowvijayaP @DavidTito

List of Visited Spots Saved in Google Maps.

Here is the full album of my meet up.

Thanks & Regards

Kamal Hasnainee

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Dhaka, Bangladesh
11 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [Recap] Let’s Update The Accessibility Status!

How not to love this meet-up, @Kamalhasnainee. There is a lot the we, Local Guides, can do for improving accessibility. We should highlight the accessible places, giving in this way the right idea that the imptovimprois not a cost, but a possiblity for improving the Local business.

Is in the small business that we have to work more, because the modern mall frequently already are organised for making places accessible, while the small business usually is considering this a cost, with no economic return

Former Google Contributor

I did actually! It's great to see so many people caring about accessibility, as well as wanting to improve their community. In these moments I feel so proud and pleased to be part of the Local Guides program. 🙂

Thank you @Kamalhasnainee for making Google Maps better for everyone!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Googler

This is a lovely recap, @Kamalhasnainee and you are so great to have hosted a meet-up to add more information. I applaud and thank you for sharing such a great recap, too!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

@Kamalhasnainee Lovely to see you and the guys back here again and you mentioned about the government will be doing a lot of changes to these areas, straight away this tells me another good reason for another greater [Recap]  of the new development which I would love to see. I will be submitting my [Recap] later in this month Our government has also got underway with accessibility infrastructure in Perth which I will share with soon Thank you, my friend, for tagging me,

@TraciC @KlaudiyaG @ErmesT

Connect Moderator

@Kamalhasnainee Wow! you are a accessibility master Local Guide in Bangladesh!

My sadness ! i cant join with you ! 

Keep it up... 

Happy Guiding !!!

Level 9

Some small but gathering places really needs to upgrade with accessible infrastructures to be kind of human beings. @ErmesT@ we need to make the mass awareness activities related with small business even if possible we need make a good theme like man to man voice spreading program or promotion based awareness activities related with mass people to let them know the benefits of accessible rights.     

Of course always  I am happy for being a local guide that really I love it. @KlaudiyaG@ every local guide always helpful to all creations of The Almighty. It is only the main focus of us that we are ready to help others by our virtual and live work and contributions. 

Many many thanks @TraciC@ for your kind words. Your great words are my inspirations that take me to the next steps.

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 9

Oh brother @ShafiulB@ no worry, we will make it again in other spots with a good theme.

Thanks @DavidTito@ bro. Yes, in our country the government has taken the good initiative to develop/renovate the public gathering places including footpaths with the facility of accessible entrance and park.              

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 9

IMG_20181006_193022.jpgIMG_20181006_195538.jpg

Hello @Kamalhasnainee, Thanks for hosting such a nice Meet-Up and also for sharing this Recap with us. Actually, it was an important Meet-Up for me. Let's together host more Meet-Ups for people awareness and social responsibility. Finally, I'm very happy to be a part of this Meet-Up. 

I ❤️ Bangladesh | Meet-Ups | Achievements | Instagram | My Website
Level 9

Hi @Kamalhasnainee I'm speechless.... What a wonderful accessibility meetup 👍👍

Sorry for the late reply on this post, yeh happy to hear that the government started to renovate the footpaths with accessible facilities.

Thanks for hosting one in this October and helping differently abled people around the world 😊😊

Ilankovan