KashifMisidia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[Recap] Let's Save Our Oceans- Clean The World (A Local Guides Project)

Clean The World - A Local Guides ProjectClean The World - A Local Guides Project

"When I started to think about this project, in the first days of January, I would never have imagined this moment.
I was walking on the beach, I just wanted to photograph the sunset, when a large patch of colored plastic presented itself to the view. The first thought (being a Local Guide) was to organize a meetup to clean the beach. 
Yes, I still calling this "a project", because it is my vision of the Idea: a project, for building up a better world. Half million of people, in this community, a lot of little drops to fill the sea.
To make this idea become true is our target."
(Ermes Toun)

Hello local guides, here I m sharing a great experience of a wonderful Clean The Beach meetup, which was not only a Meetup, but we all learned alot practically.

#cleantheworld is a local guide project which was started by Mr. @ErmesT  Toun and now many of local guides like @IlankovanT , @DavidTito @AlejandraMaria , and many super local guides are running this great campaign in thier countries all over the world.

First I would like to introduce very nice people, my friends and local guides, who made that meetup successful and effective.
As I was thinking about clean the beach meetup, I discussed it with my fellow local guides who are now great friends of mine @SharjeelS and Abdul Raheem @ujjan . They agreed and gave some great suggestion regarding different beaches for example the place where we can do the clean the beach initiative.

So we choose the beach to clean that was Tenaga Beach near Mir Pur sakro, that place is famous for green energy plants and many of plants are producing green wind energy, which is environment friendly and helpful to clean our beautiful planet.The lightweight plastic products are transported by  waves, wind and rain.The lightweight plastic products are transported by waves, wind and rain.

Our journey started from Usmania Restaurant at sharp 08:00 am as we planned, than our first stop for breakfast was Gulshan Hadeed, from where we had to pick @Khalid_Shahani  who was fourth participant of our "let's Save our oceans" meetup.

It was almost two hours drive where Local Guide Abdul Raheem Ujjan, (Manager admin Tenaga Generasi Limited) Welcomes and then we visited that part of the beach that needed cleaning.

Wind turbines are the best source to produce Green Energy.Wind turbines are the best source to produce Green Energy.

Green Energy is best for

environment :
There I saw green energy production by wind, first time in my life, huge blades of more than hundred wind turbines had a rhythmic sound.

"Wind power is the use of air flow through wind turbines to provide the mechanical power to turn electric generators. Wind power, as an alternative to burning fossil fuels, is plentiful, renewable, widely distributed, clean, produces no greenhouse gas emissions during operation, consumes no water, and uses little land. The net effects on the environment are far less problematic than those of fossil fuel sources."
Local Guide mr Abdul Raheem Ujjan describe more about the green energy :

"There are five different companies including his company in this area, they are providing 250 mega watt electricity, which is consuming in all over Pakistan."

Plastic Pollution is Poison Specially For Marine Life.Plastic Pollution is Poison Specially For Marine Life.

Cleaning The Beach :

Water was chilled and clean, and I was happy to see that, this beach is still save from oil pollution by the ships and tankers.
But the sides of the beach was full of plastic bottles, plastic bags and panaflex banners wastage, which was surely came here with the waves and winds.
But still we have a question, who throws it in the sea ? Surely it was thrown by a human like you and me. But why we are still not understand the sensitivity of the issue that what we are throwing in the sea, it's return back to us in the form of the food to us.
And how much it is harmful for our Marine life and for us also, if we can understand, than we never throw any wastage in our oceans.

There we bring bags for collecting wastage, which was full in the end of cleaning the beach, we tried to collect wastage around one kilometer of that area, and by the time we picked all of the plastic bottles (around sixty to seventy small and large water bottles) and other every waste material from there which was there . We bring that waste with us, and handover it to concern recycling department of Tenaga.

Team Pakistan Local Guides with The Logo Of Clean The World & Collected Plastic WastageTeam Pakistan Local Guides with The Logo Of Clean The World & Collected Plastic Wastage

After cleaning we feel one very noteable thing in us, that it was something which was coming from our inside, it was kind of satisfaction or what? may be it was happiness or joy that we did a small effort from our side for our planet, and this was our first time, but after this meetup, we all were agreed to continue this journey of Clean The World program in future.Plantation of 150 Coconut Plants at Tenaga Beach by Local Guide @ujjan & Team TenagaPlantation of 150 Coconut Plants at Tenaga Beach by Local Guide @ujjan & Team Tenaga

Plantation of mangroves :

There we heard an amazing  update by Abdul Raheem Ujjan  and Sharjeel that last month they planted 40,000 mangroves plants and 150 coconut trees in that area. We were happy to hear that still we have some great people who are taking care of environment and our planet.

These plants will definitely take part to maintain our climate and beauty of our beautiful world. And now definitely we need Clean and Green world, Clean and Green Pakistan. Thanks to Team Tenaga👏

Plantation of 40,000 mangroves Plants By Local Guide @ujjan, @sharjeelS and Team TenagaPlantation of 40,000 mangroves Plants By Local Guide @ujjan, @sharjeelS and Team Tenaga

Here is Photo Album

Of Let's Save Our Oceans Meetup.

Thank you Local Guides Connect, Connect Moderators and My mentors, and local guides, who are doing great job of moving stones. Thank you Ermes sir.

Shukriya 🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Mirpur Sakro, Pakistan
31 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [Recap] Let's Save Our Oceans- Clean The World (A Local Guides Project)

Thank you @KashifMisidia @SharjeelS @ujjan , @Khalid_Shahani , for caring about the environment of your country, about the environment of the planet.

Where is the plastic coming from? This is a good question, this is the question, I would like to say. The plastic is traveling, wave after wave, all around the world, no one will be able to avoid this. The plastic is making everyone of us equal, the pollution distributed everywhere, wave after wave. That's why is important to avoid the plastic to reach the sea, to reach the rivers, and the best way to do this is applying the principles of the four R.

I hope that, in the future, cleaning will not be a need. But for now, we clean, trying to increase the awareness of all the community.

This said, I want to give to your team my congratulations, and I want to ask to everyone the same question that I asked you, a few days ago: how do you feel? How do you feel, when you can watch behind you, and see a clean beach? How do you feel, after a day spent working for your community?

I know the answer, because I know exactly how do you feel, because I had the same experience, but I love to read your answer.

Thank you for the quote at the beginning of the post. Strange, isn't it, how a walk on the beach changed my life?

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much @ErmesT  for your precious words. I really appreciate that you always motivate local guides and other people that we all have strength, we can change the climate to avoid the danger for future of our generations.

As I expressed our feelings in words that  After cleaning we feel one very noteable thing in us, that it was something which was coming from our inside, it was kind of satisfaction or what? may be it was happiness or joy that we did a small effort from our side for our planet, and this was our first time, but after this meetup, we all were agreed to continue this journey of Clean The World program in future.

And that's true, we were feeling inner satisfaction, and before start we didn't have any idea that what we will feel change in us after the clean the beach meetup.

I would say thank you again to you and all connect family to guide people for right path.

Shukriya 🙏 Ermes Toun

(And I really love your qoute, that's why I started my post by your marvelous words)

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 10

@KashifMisidia This is lovely. Thanks for sharing

Level 8

@KashifMisidia 

Me alegra mucho que ver tus inquietudes sobre este tema, se han hecho realidad y aportado aqui donde las podemos compartir.

Gracias y ADELANTE!

Saludos cordiales Luana Lima.

LuaPL
Level 7

Best wishes from Sri Lanka 🇱🇰 ! @KashifMisidia 

Connect Moderator

Great work .its people like you who make us believe that we might have a chance for our next generation to live on planet Earth .

I am so happy that we have a Local Guide in Pakistan who is setting an example .

Thank you so much @KashifMisidia bhai

Level 10

Thank you @KashifMisidia  for sharing, much needed idea... Lets do our best to clean not just cities but our whole country. Best wishes.

Aftab Ah
Former Google Contributor

Hi @KashifMisidia,

Thank you so much for sharing!

This movement is incredibly important, and I see that you guys go to great lengths to make an impact on the environment.

It is actually a bit ironic to have so much trash on a beach filled with windmills, which are placed there to make the world a cleaner place. 

From what I can see you did great work cleaning up and you even helped plant all those coconut trees. It's clear you all make a great team!

I'm curious to know, what made you decide on Tenaga Beach in the first place, and do you have any place planned for the next clean up? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Well done @KashifMisidia  Salute you great work done by you.