KashifMisidia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[Recap] Let's Maps Green : Meet The Local Heroes 🌲🌲🌴🌳

Completed First Phase Of Plantation Of 150 Plants.Completed First Phase Of Plantation Of 150 Plants.

Hello local guides,
Right now our Mother Earth is experiencing climate change due to increasing air and marine pollution. The same is valid for Pakistan where the weather has gradually changed due to changes in our environment.
Despite the horrific experience of 2015 heat wave which resulted in the deaths of around 1200 innocent people here in Karachi, no preventive measures were taken by the officials to counter , as well like every year.
In an attempt to help themselves and moved by these deaths, several groups of citizens, businesmen, youngsters and students of different universities, colleges and schools have started different campaigns called let's green the map and "clean and green Pakistan" with the aim to plant  around 800 to 1000 in heat-absorbing trees in every town of Karachi.Some of the Local Heroes With Clean The World poster.Some of the Local Heroes With Clean The World poster.

Campaigns #letsmapgreen, #cleanandgreenpakistan and #cleantheworld hashtags has been  trending on social media and specially local guide connect and because of some of senior mentors local guides like Sir @ErmesT,  @IlankovanT  @KarenVChin, @DavidTito and many others from all over the world and Pakistan as well. Through this hash tag, they are promoting the importance of plantation for all over the world and making people aware of how trees can help reduce the scorching heat and high temperatures. And how air and marine pollution are increasing the world tempreture and stopping the rain.

Let's maps Green :

In our campaign our heroes like @Sherazkhawar @adnankhan and many of other devoted volunteers from karachi planted 150 small and big plants on Meetup day .
There was existing public park, but due to ignorance it was full of garbage , but the 5m Heroes did really unbelievable work, without any help or support they kick start that project to clean the area. They finance that campaign by thier own pockets, they work for it physically, with hoe, brooms and tractors.

Special Thanks to Chairman Gulberg TownSpecial Thanks to Chairman Gulberg Town

Than special thanks to chairman Gulberg town Mr Rehan Hashmi who took notice and than take responsibility to clean more and provide plants for plantation.

Check the Visual Story in the end of my post, you can see how they are changing a garbage place to a future public park.

Let me tell you that the real heroes for that motivation for all of us are from great forum of local guides connect, I always admire that forum, because if you really involve yourself to learn from that great forum, it will surely change your life, like me and many of the people who are now not living life for just themselves, but for the others also . And let me say that also these activities are giving us real satisfaction of soul. By plantation, by clean the world , by teaching others what they learn from here.
Thanks to ermes who always motivate all of local guides connect members including me, and we did that campaign under the name of Clean the world campaign.

And for that campaign/ Meetup specially thanks to a really inspiring personality Thushy ilankovan, because on meetup time, we were doing plantation in same timing but in different regions of the world .

On his call :

'"Join me if you are interested in gathering some free rain by planting more green resources. This is going to be one fun-filled meet up while making the earth green."  we joined him and than

meet online on video chat and pass compliments of love and friendship to each other from Srilanka and Pakistan .

On live video call on Plantation MeetupOn live video call on Plantation Meetup

Pakistan Local GuidesPakistan Local Guides

“We can fight to minimise this change through tree plantation.”
These views were stated by one of the hero of 5m North Karachi while planting at the Green Family park in "let's map green" campaign. They stated that trees helped decrease the intensity of weather.
“We must do our part in planting more trees for the sake of our next generations,” they pointed out.
They stressed a need for the protection of newly planted saplings so that they could grow into a strong tree and become helpful in decreasing air pollution.

After plantation campaign the next step for this place is covering the field with the grass and moving forward open the ground for families and kids to enjoy their mornings & evening walks here. They can then arrange family/friends meetups. 🌱🌱🌱🌲🌲🌲🌳🌳🌳

#letsmapgreen #treeplanting #treeplantingpakistan

#cleanandgreenpakistan

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Green Family Park, Karachi, Pakistan
40 comments
Level 10

Re: [Recap] Let's Maps Green : Meet The Local Heroes 🌲🌲🌴🌳

@KashifMisidia Very nice. 👍

Connect Moderator

Thank you my bro @U-royFelixA always waiting for your comments on my post 🙂

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 8

@KashifMisidia

Hola, excelente presentacion y aun mejor trabajo.

Ustedes trabajan pensando en el futuro, que sea un ejemplo mas

Felicitaciones a todos y adelante!

LuaPL
Level 9

I woukd like to organise this here in Awka. Thanks for sharing and thanks for planting tress. It's really have so many benefits to our health. Thank you so much @KashifMisidia

Connect Moderator

You are using the right words, @KashifMisidia

Local Heroes, this is what you are, working together, with joy, for changing our planet, for improving and helping others to live in a better place.

Thank you for this recap, Shurkiya Kashif. Shukriya from all the community

Connect Moderator

Good job @KashifMisidia and all the team members...

Going green is one of the solution...

Kind regards

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 10

I sympathize with you @KashifMisidia
Volunteer education for afforestation is also in disaster areas in my area. This problem is familiar.

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

Level 9

السلام عليكم @KashifMisidia

اشكرك على تغطية هذه اللقاء الرائع فعلاً قمتوا بمجهود تشكرون عليه انت ومن معك اتمنى لكم التوفيق

اخوك راضي الشمري

السعودية 🇸🇦

Level 9

@KashifMisidia, I have no words to appreciate the task what you have done. Excellent job!! I love what you are doing to our mother Earth 💚

Thank you for hosting this green meetup and encouraging others. Hope in future we can plant more trees and fight with plastic pollution with @ErmesT 👍