Detective_Sulyman's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Level 7

Recap Gombe Geo Walk

This Saturday Local Guides Gombe in Collaboration with Gombe Hikers and Nysc SDGs hosted a Grand cycling Geo-Tagging event in Gombe. 

Some of the participants at the meetupSome of the participants at the meetup

The Geo Tagging event was organized to sensitize and raise awareness on the importance of community service through the use of Google map.

Participants at the Meetup piontParticipants at the Meetup piont

On early Saturday morning, we gather ourselves together at the SDGs office which is the meeting point,  we engage on a little educative session by the coordinator of Gombe Hikers and the Director of the SDGs Gombe. I myself discuss briefly on what the local guides program is all about and how to join the program.

Myself Discussing how to contribute to Google MapsMyself Discussing how to contribute to Google Maps

We had a little issue with the people responsible for distributing the Bikes,  we had to walk to the stadium to get the bikes by 8:30 am we manage to arrive at the stadium after some long negotiation and renegotiation we finallly got the chance to distribute the bikes.

Participants Collecting BikesParticipants Collecting Bikes

We start riding by 8:40 and  we made a couple of stops to add some missing info, photos reviews on google map, we circle all the way to Gombe state emirs Palace and pay our tributes and from there we circle back to the stadium  Well it has been an awesome experience,  because  a lot  of things were achieved  during  the Cycling  and Geo-Tagging  event.  Some Participants Contributing to the MapSome Participants Contributing to the Map

Even though most of it is cycling,  we were able to add many places which are not visible on Google maps and the best thing I loved about it is the awareness we raised on the needs t contribute to Gombe community. Besides all the Challenges we got the hosts really did their best to see that the meetup was a success and also we were highly welcomed by the SDGs Office, where they showed a great appreciation towards what we are doing. some of the attendees are @MZ_Ahmerd @JacobGreat1 @AdzumrJada @Mubarak_M_Jibo

Sulaiman Abubakar Salihu
9 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Recap Gombe Geo Walk

Hey @Detective_Sulyman 

Thank you for sharing the Recap of excellent Geo walk. πŸ‘

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 8

Nice one @Detective_Sulyman it really an inspiring meetup. Keep up the good work

Connect Moderator

"Gombawa Diban Fari"

Good work my great people of Gombe

You done great @Detective_Sulyman

I wish I was with you guides to write this history.

πŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Kind regards

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 5

It was an awesome experience, I came, I saw  and together  we made it happen. #gombeLocalguidesRock.

Level 6

Indeed it was an awesome moment and we achieve a lot of things there. 

Level 7

@Sagir @MZ_Ahmerd @JacobGreat1 @Abdullahi_cap @KashifMisidia thank you all guys together we made it happen πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

Sulaiman Abubakar Salihu
Former Google Contributor

Hi @Detective_Sulyman. Thank for sharing. You guys look really motivated. Tell us about the places you were able to geo-tag. How many were they? Did you take any pictures?

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Hi @IrrPavlova we were able to add over 20 places and some photos on Google maps including the Meetup point, Hikmah gynae consultant clinic, ablo Tek printing press, above and Beyond clipping plaza and many more that I can't recall. Photos not so much as we are all excited to enjoy our bikes πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ we only made a couple stops.

Sulaiman Abubakar Salihu
Former Google Contributor

Sounds like the road was long and fun, @Detective_Sulyman. I'm happy to see you enjoyed your geo walk. I hope I see another recap for you soon enough.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!