NirajBhusal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Recap] Genesis Meetup 2019, Nepal

Meetup Intro:

First Meetup of 2019 by Nepal Local Guides i.e. "Genesis Meetup 2019, Nepal" was successfully completed on January 5, 2019 at Galaxy Public School, Gyaneshwor, Kathmandu, Nepal.

Activities During Meetup:

Google Business Group (GBG), Kathmandu  was the host of  GBG Bizfest 2019 in collaboration with Women Will and Khalti where more than 100 startups , communities were brought in a single platform and we were a part of it . I would like to thank GBG Kathmandu and Khalti for providing us a stall where we got change to meet other tech community, startups , individuals and share our experiences . During the event we helped few companies and startups to verify their business in Maps, motivated individuals to join Local Guides, helped people to make the best use of Google Maps, benefits of being a Local Guides and so on.  

We also got some queries like do you get paid? Does Google Sponsor ? Why do you contribute as a Local Guides and so on.  My answer was "By contributing as a Local Guide as it makes me feel like I've been making an important impact on my community through Google Maps. Local Guides and Local Guides Connect are an enormous platform to share our experiences with the fellow travelers all over the world. So, I think it's an opportunity for us to spread some words around the world about our country.  Also, I have learned so much about traveling and the places as well through this platform." Local Guides is a volunteer based program and our  involvement is not considered as part of working for Google. We enjoy early access to new product features and rewards from Google partners.

Abhishek Pandey and Manoj Adhikari stayed in the stall for full time as I could not stay for the full time.

Achievement of Meetup :

More than 300 people visited our stall, it was really a proud moment for us and a good start for 2019.  

• Everest9 , our stall visitor has promised to support our future events by providing some gifts.
  • Khalti will be supporting our future events by providing some coupons codes which can be used in Khalti app to recharge our phones. It will help Local Guides to buy data pack in events.
  • Sparrow SMS will also support our future events by providing free Bulk SMS Service.

Planning for 2019:

Beside meeting with other tech community, startups and individuals our meetup was also focused on planning for 2019. So, here are our plans for 2019 :

• Partnering with other Communities (Google Business Group Kathmandu, Google Developers Groups, Hotel Associations, Tourism Associations, etc) for reaching more people.
  • Hosting at least one event in a month.
  • Focusing events on Schools, Colleges to help them use Google Maps, Google Earth to learn.
  • Hosting more events outside Kathmandu Valley.
  • Along with photo focusing more on Videos and 360 Photos.

These are the initial plans and will add more hearing suggestion, feedback and need. Please let us know if you have any suggestion for us.

Namaste,

Niraj

Here are some meetup photos: 

Nepal Local Guides_GBGBizfest.jpgPeople Visiting our stallPeople Visiting our stallCrowd of people at Bizfest KathmanduCrowd of people at Bizfest KathmanduBizfest Entrance GateBizfest Entrance Gate

Manoj and Sushant at stall of Nepal Local Guides CommunityManoj and Sushant at stall of Nepal Local Guides Community

Galaxy Public School, ज्ञानेश्वर मार्ग, Kathmandu, Nepal
4 comments
Google Moderator

Re: [Recap] Genesis Meetup 2019, Nepal

Hello @NirajBhusal,

Great recap! Thank you for sharing your experience and thank your for the kind words about contributing as a Local Guides! We are happy to have you here!

Keep contributing and wish you a great week! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Thank you so much @Ivi_Ge. I always feel proud to be a Local Guides and getting chance to meet with lots of people thinking like me is a motivation factor always. 

Namaste

Niraj

Former Google Contributor

Hi @NirajBhusal,

Thanks for tagging me and sharing your recap here.

It's a great initiative and I'm happy you will continue to contribute more and you also encourage the people in your area.

I would like to kindly ask you to remove the websites of the businesses, as commercial advertising is not allowed in the community. Please replace the websites with the links of the locations from Google Maps.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Thank you @KatyaLI think the link is removed already. I forgot to remove the link as I always write post in Google Docs before posting in Connect.

Thank you again for your sweet words