deepakjhic's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

{Recap}[First Ever] Chittorgarh Map Editing Cum Photo Walk

Fortunately it was republic day when I arrived in Chittorgarh. The railway officers were celebrating 70th Republic day of India. It was a very cold morning in Chittorgarh and after sunrise it was very hot. Me and many others were watching parade on railway station. After this parade many officers were honored for their good work. 

Railway officers celebrating 70th Republic Day.

The meeting point was Chittorgarh Junction Railway Station. Before moving in the meetup direction I decided to see the opposite side of Railway Station. Here I enjoyed the western breakfast called Poha on the east gate of Railway station. Locals told me that due to holiday this area is dirty today. Otherwise, there is a daily cleaning routine. In this area I have seen that all the places are added and correct and those who were not correct, I did them.

A cafe in residential area in Chittorgarh

I always wanted to visit Chittorgarh to see the amazing Fort of this city. I waited till 9.30 in the morning for any local guide. When nobody came, I started walking towards the destination(Fort). I took many photos and edited about 20 places. Quite a lot of places were correct, so this time my edit ratio is low as compared to photos. Here are the edit stats,

Figure showing the stats of meetup.

Chittorgarh is city but there is no rush anywhere in the city. I crossed residential area near Railway Station to see if there is any missing place and found one hospital, a Hindu temple and a school. It was time to see the actual city and I came on roadHere I found everything fine and started walking towards Fort via Maharana Pratap Setu Marg. One thing I noticed in Chittorgarh(through which area I walked), there is no proper photo on business. I added photos to many businesses and continued my journey towards fort. 

A click from the North side of Railway Station.

Finally I reached the first gate of Chittorgarh Fort after walking 3.6 Km. At the 3rd gate of this fort I saw a foreign traveler was running towards the fort and it gives me more energy :). The first visiting spot was Kumbha Palace, 

More about Kumbha Palace,

I took several photos here. Many parts of the fort are broken. 

1. Kumbha Palace - Broken
  2. Meera Palace - Broken
  3. Meera Mandir - Ok
  4. Vijay Stambh - Ok
  5. Gomukh Kund - Ok
  6. Elephant Kund - Not in Good condition
  7. Kalika Mata Mandir - Ok
  8. Sooraj Kund - Not in Good condition
  9. Padmini Palace - Ok both Palaces

Well, the overall experience was very good. Here are some clicks,

Exhibition in the joy of the birthday of Maharana Kumbha

Inside view of Maharana Kumbha palace.

Inside View of Meera Palace,

Meera Palace,

Vijay Stambh,

Inside Meera Temple

Gomukh Kund,

Maharani Padmavati or Padmini Palace,

Here is link to meetup album.

Thank you very much. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Chittorgarh Fort, Chittorgarh, Rajasthan, India
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: {Recap}[First Ever] Chittorgarh Map Editing Cum Photo Walk

Hello @deepakjhic ,

Thank you for sharing your recap, you did a great job! It is kind of sad that no-one showed up, but I really like that you included stats about the things you managed to do yourself, and you did a great job. Wish you better next meetup!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Level 10
Level 10

@deepakjhic  One Man Army ........... Brother 

Baljinder_singh From Punjab, India