KrithikaA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

[Recap] Find me a better design - 101

Here comes the recap of the first ever meetup I have hosted on my own. Of course, I have taken part of several meet ups hosted by fellow Sri Lankan local guides as@AnuradhaP,  @IlankovanT,  @Virangya,  @Shafranlive and several others. However, having hosted a meet up on my own was something exciting. I was pretty nervous in the morning and I lost sleep around 2 am. Started my journey towards Kandy around 5 and reached the destination at about 9.30 am. Since the meet up was at 10 am, we had breakfast, boosted the enthusiasm, had a walk along Kandy lake which is located right in front of Kandy city center and gathered at the meet up point. @NiroshaJ@IsurangaD along with @IlankovanT (Yes, he came with me from home) joined us early that day. @NiroshaJ came up with her little infant who was yet to be six months old soon. We moms, already had plans of running through a quick shopping during the meet up.

@Amilamadushan@mkmkamil@Dinesh_Connect also joined us at the entrance. 

The team!The team!Outer view of Kandy city centerOuter view of Kandy city center

There awaited a shocking news for me, that we saw a "No photography" sign at the entrance. This was of course shocking and disappointing. Making lemonade out of lemons, I lead the team forward. We had a chat with the security professional at the entrance, introduced ourselves and our mission. He directed us to the customer relations officer, who was really friendly. Also he explained us their situation and advised us if the shop owners of the mall permits we can take photos inside the premises.

There popped a quick plan in my mind, so we began our journey pinning new places, writing reviews at the same time asking the shop owners' permission to take photographs. Some owners, gave us permission, some were a bit reluctant. For those who were reluctant, I explained them how they can do it themselves for the betterment of their businesses. Now this gave a big smile in their faces. 

It was almost lunch time when we completed the meet up. So we all came out and had some good lunch at a hut which was built to serve traditional, organic food. This was really good and we all enjoyed it. After this heavy lunch, we turned our way back towards @Amilamadushan's big meet up at Bahirawakanda which was super awesome. 

Have a look at the video covering up some moments from the meet up.

Kamil, that was his first meet up!Kamil, that was his first meet up!Undu wade! (made out of black gram lentils/ urud dhal)Undu wade! (made out of black gram lentils/ urud dhal)Traditional lunch!Traditional lunch!Men in serious discussion!Men in serious discussion!

Kandy, Sri Lanka
4 comments
Google Moderator

Re: [Recap] Find me a better design - 101

Hello @KrithikaA,

I've released your post from our spam quarantine. Apologies for any inconvenience caused - our spam filters are sensitive and can be triggered by a myriad of functions.

Thank you for sharing this recap, looks like everyone is having a great time and what is the traditional food you had?, it looks like donuts. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Wow! Excellent meetup post and I especially like traditional food @KrithikaA thanks for sharing recap post. 

Level 6

🙂👍

Connect Moderator

Fantastic Recap @KrithikaA ,

I hope and wish that you can break my brother @IlankovanT 's meetups record soon ✌️

Keep it up Bhabhi 🙂 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge