NarenChandra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Recap Exploring Qutub Shahi Tombs - Hyderabad Local Guides Dec 2018

Hello Local Guides , 

I recently Hosted a meetup on Dec 9th click here  and this is a meetup as a host after my previous in Dec last year click here .There were around 30 people Who showed interest but only 6 of us could make it on the Meetup Day  .

Selfie With Local guides with Qutub Shahi Tombs in the BackgroundSelfie With Local guides with Qutub Shahi Tombs in the Background

Qutub Shahi TombQutub Shahi Tomb

Mouli was the first to come to the meetup spot , We were at the ticketing counter of historic Qutub Shahi Tombs and were introducing to each other , in between came @AslamMo ,  Rajith and his wife ,and  @DanielTh . It felt great to meet few new Local guides and to meet Aslam and Daniel after long time .

Aslam Was the Guide of the day , as we walked towards the 7 tombs of Qutub Shahi Dynasty dated 400 years ago . He explained about the relation the king had with each of the tombs around and various generations that ruled Hyderabad . The local Guides who attended did have some goodies .

Goodies to Local Guides , the Hyderabad Local Guides BadgeGoodies to Local Guides , the Hyderabad Local Guides Badge

Showed us the Hamam , the royal Mortuary Bath , the Hakim Tombs , the Badi Bouli(Step Well ) .

Explained about how AGA KHAN FOUNDATION is bring back things to life as if it was at time of the kings 400 years back . 

There was a site plan provided and we could virtually imagine how this place would look few years from now .

The Architecture was amazing we wondered how people did build those tombs with out any technology and only working on day time .

We spoke anout quality contributions to Google maps , The local guides felt good as we got a chance to listen to Summit attendees @AslamMo and @DanielTh who is also invited to Connect live Delhi . 

It was a great day , we felt there must be more and more meetups to boostup our motto of being a local guide .

Check the Photo link : https://photos.app.goo.gl/zj1s1D7Kp5y6ReBn9

Qutub Shahi Tombs, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
25 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Recap Exploring Qutub Shahi Tombs - Hyderabad Local Guides Dec 2018

@NarenChandra

Fantastic recap. For me it is like mystic!

Thank you 🙏!

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 9

It was great to explore Quran Shahi tombs with our Local guides Friends @NarenChandra!

We should have these meet-ups regularly.

Level 8

Beautiful photography.thank you for sending

Google Moderator

Hi @NarenChandra,

Great idea for a meet-up! You got some cool badges, too. 🙂

The tombs look very impressive and so well-preserved! Do you know why most of them have that dome on top? Does it serve a purpose, or it's just a typical architectural element from that time?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

A big bravo for this meet-up @NarenChandra. Did you gather lots of Local Guides?

As @DeniGu mentioned, the architecture that those temples have is very specific. Is it connected to a certain time back in history - a dynasty or epoch?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@NarenChandra thanks  for sharing us.outstanding recap.

Former Google Contributor

Hello @NarenChandra,

Thank you for tagging me! Even though only 6 people got to come, I hope you had a great meetup and I hope you are already planning an amazing follow-up meetup! 🙂

It is also great that there are people who are taking care of renovating and making virtual tours of such monuments, making sure that people will still be able to appreciate them years from now.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@DeniGu thanks .

As fast as I know the dome resembles the pass way to heaven . There is a pointed structure on the dome called spear which points the sky way the ethernity 

Level 10

@TsekoV initially more local guides showed interest but like I said only 6 could make it on the day .

These tombs have a speciality , they belong to Qutub Shahi dynasty dated back to 1600 . 

This is the only place in the world where tombs of all the rulers of a dynasty are present in the same place and not just the king's but tombs of their family and doctors were built in the same 80 Acres area . 

@Krishnabanoth@DeniGu@Mdhamidmurtuza