SalmaanN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Recap] Empowered Women of Bangalore

Hi everyone.

I conducted a Photo walk meetup with respect to the Empowered Women Meetup initiated by @PriyankaU. I apologise for my late recap since I had a busy schedule. This meetup is a special meetup to me because the contributions made during this meetup is dedicated to all the women who make everyone's life better as a mother, as sister, as daughter. I conducted this meetup in a busy place where there are small businesses one next to another in a busy street.A busy street at KR MarketA busy street at KR Market

I went to the meetup location and I was so happy that one of my local guides friends, @SJasourH98 was already reached the meetup location. I felt so much glad knowing that he travelled around 100 kms to attend this meetup. Leaving his home early morning so as to attend this meetup inspired me so much. Before starting the meetup, we discussed about the Local Guides Program and Google Maps. We then started the meetup and went to the busy street and started mapping places. 

Me(right) and JasourMe(right) and Jasour

I took one side and Jasour took another side and continue to add/edit places in Google Maps for nearly an hour.Places published during meetupPlaces published during meetup

During mapping, we found so many small businesses run by women but mostly they are street shops and we are unable to add it.

During MeetupDuring Meetup

We noticed how strong they are and how much effort they are taking in order to support their family in any way necessary. We then planned to visit Bangalore Fort which is near to the meetup location. I have visited Bangalore Fort earlier many times but it was first time visiting it with Street View. Then created a Virtual tour of Bangalore Fort and Jasour too took some great 360 shots and created a virtual tour in Street View. It was an amazing time during the meetup.At Bangalore FortAt Bangalore Fort

Then we decided to end the meetup. I was so happy to have a great friend, Jasour joining the meetup. I decided to map as much as businesses run by women wherever I notice and review with #EmpoweredWomen meetup. Thanks again to Priyanka for her great initiative. And thanks to all of you who motives and inspires me through your contributions. 

Vellore Local Guides
32 comments
Level 9

Re: [Recap] Empowered Women of Bangalore

@SalmaanN Thank you soo much for doing this. Great post!

@SJasourH98 Thank you for attending this meet up.

Connect Moderator

Hello @SalmaanN & @SJasourH98

That is really a great initiative , which is now like a campaign in India. 

I want to congrats to you all, for all walks and meetups for the great cause.

Congratulations @PriyankaU 

"Khush to bohat hogey tum"  🙂

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 9

@KashifMisidia Haanji bahut zayada khush 😇😇

Level 9

I appreciate your great words @KashifMisidia for @SalmaanN@PriyankaU because they both are doing good work in their region and i want to say thanks with Good luck from my heart to both of you, i wish you'll be continue with this type of good work to make a better India in way of self independence

Keep it up guys! 👍👍🙏

Level 9

Connect Moderator

Great work there @SalmaanN and @SJasourH98! And thanks for the initiative too @PriyankaU!!! 

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Level 5

Good work guys. Keep it up. 

By the way, @SalmaanN why don't we use 🙂 smiley to hide people's faces. 🤗😆

Level 8

Most welcome, @PriyankaU. I am glad that you like it. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides