deepakjhic's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

(Recap) Connect live 2018- Delhi

Connect Live Delhi-2018

Reaching to the spot was quite difficult as there were lots of gates and most of the peoples were just saying please ask anyone else. I reached DLF at 11:20Am and it takes more than 30 minutes to find the spot.

The People and Co. 

The staff of "The People and Co." was not allowing to local guides to bring their DSLR inside. In last finally the allowed everyone. Finally the entry started by sharp 12pm. I'd say that the space for 100+ local guides wasn't enough as there was lot of rush. The light in front of The People & Co. was not enough to click clear pictures 🙂 (my camera was not sufficient to click in available light.)

Registration Process Ongoing:

After the registration & lunch session it was the time to hear Googlers. Google team shared useful information and ask us to provide feedback on maps and connect.

Me and other local guides waiting for their turn....

After this session it was the time for feedback session(after entry, every local guide needs to choose a particular feedback session). This was the interesting time/ session to hear local guides and give feedback to team.

Feedback session ended in just approx. 45 min. and after having some snacks we started photo walk( actually it was food crawl).

Connect Live Album....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EA3M8gfDpZ5zgRBq6

More photos coming in the album.. 

Cont...... 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
The People and Co., DLF Cyber City, DLF Phase 2, Sector 24, Gurugram, Haryana, India
42 comments
Level 10
Connect Moderator

Re: (Recap) Connect live 2018- Delhi

Thanks for sharing @deepakjhic it is interesting that you found The People and Co. hard to find, it looks straight forward on Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/X7mZ3JjT28t perhaps there are things that can't be seen in the satellite image.

I hope you enjoyed yourself. The photos in your album are interesting.

Regards Paul

Level 10

Level 7

Hi @deepakjhic, till now I was just contributing as a Google Local Guide but few days back I got to know about the Local Guides Connect. Today I saw your post. Hope you all enjoyed the Local Guides Connect 2018. How can we get invited to Local Guides Connect event and how to know if there's any event like this is going to be held. Can you please tell me😀

Level 9

Hahahaha @PaulPavlinovich,

You can ask others how difficult it was. I know the reason behind your enjoyment.... .

I know about that listing and I was navigating to it.

You mean it is easier finding a POI on default map than satellite view? 

Yes I enjoyed a lot. Thank you for asking. 

Level 9

Hello @YashwanthAVY21,

Thank you for asking. They just picked up local guides based on their activities on maps in last few months. Just keep contributing and one day you'll receive an email that you got invited to */**/*** event. 

Level 8

Amazing meet up, Google pampered us with food, drinks, goodies, The sessions were interactive & engaging, Entire Google team who was there interacted and patiently answered all our queries, took suggestions in a very positive way. Personally, I learned a few tricks on making my reviews more helpful.3.png

When it came to points distribution every local guide was on the same page, I suggested few points.

• Additional points for reporting wrong / misleading updates
  • Additional points for views based on relevancy e.g. 1 single pic garnered 600k views.
  • Just like youtube, When we cross a million views, We should get additional points & recognition.
  • After a certain level, points should be eligible to exchange on #GooglePlayStore
  • instead of Virtual Badge, We should get physical Badges, Which we can show off 😉
  • I also pointed out that taking 360 pics is not easy for everyone as it needs investment, It would be a good idea to replace 360 pics with 360 videos, additional points for that.
  • Announcements on #ConnectLive site for Top Local guides from a state/Region/Country.

As always I firmly believe Google is listening, and it will work on all suggestions.

Level 10

Connect Moderator

Thanks for the share @deepakjhic and the photo albums! Looks amazing! It looks like you had to move from venue to venue for different workshops etc. And the gifts are super cool too!

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews