ValeriaA_'s post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[Recap] Buenos Aires 360° Photography

Hi Local Guides from all around the world! I hope you are doing very well.

I'm writing this recap to tell you about my last meet-up: Buenos Aires 360° Photography.

It was held on November 18th in Buenos Aires city, following the 360 photography worldwide meet-up (more info here).

The main goal of this meet-up was to capture 360° photos and then add them to Google Maps. I also wanted to help people learn how to take 360° photos with the Street View app. 

The exact location of the meet-up was the Rose Garden (El Rosedal) and I chose this place because it has open green areas with walking paths and, of course, lots of roses!

Caption: A close up of an orange rose, with a white wood structure and some other roses in the background.Caption: A close up of an orange rose, with a white wood structure and some other roses in the background.

Many people attended the meet up, there were 8 of us!

These were the attendees:

@Jesi

@DanielEspinoza

@santiagoirale

@Attrix

Juan Cruz

Ana

Natasha

(couldn't find their usernames, sorry!)

Caption: Selfie taken by me next to a couple of trees and seven motivated Local Guides. (From left to right: me, Ana, Natasha, Juan Cruz, Daniel, Jesi, Luciano, Santiago).Caption: Selfie taken by me next to a couple of trees and seven motivated Local Guides. (From left to right: me, Ana, Natasha, Juan Cruz, Daniel, Jesi, Luciano, Santiago).

We met in the entrance of the garden at 3pm and started walking. 3 of us had 360° cameras, and I also took and extra one I have and gave it to some of the attendees so they could try it and take photos.

We also explained to some of the attendees how to take photos with the Street View app, so they could also contribute in that way 🙂

I tried my Ricoh Theta V to capture paths in Street View for the first time, and it was super fun!

Caption: a screenshot of the Street View app in my cellphone showing the paths that I captured using video mode.Caption: a screenshot of the Street View app in my cellphone showing the paths that I captured using video mode.

I am super happy with the result of this meet-up. It's not very common to get this many attendees in Buenos Aires. Half the attendees were attending a Local Guides meet-up for the first time, so it was great to know that they are also contributing to Google Maps enthusiastically and want to learn more and be a part of this community.

Here are some of the contributions we made:

by @Attrix

by @Jesi

by @ValeriaA_

If you want to see more photos, you can visit the shared album with photos taken by the attendees.

Thanks for virtually joining us through this recap 🙂

Happy guiding!

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
El Rosedal, Buenos Aires, Argentina
20 comments
Level 10

Re: [Recap] Buenos Aires 360° Photography

Congratulations @ValeriaA_ ! It's always nice to see such smiling people at a meet-up! You have had a wonderful sunny day and the pictures are all beautiful and clear! Congratulations again for the success of your meet-up!

A curiosity: from the photos I saw that the two participants had some Samsung360, the others all had the Theta?

Bye,

David

Level 8

Well I have to say I had a great time in that meet up @ValeriaA_. The weather was certainly on our side and the place could not have been better for it. Taking 360° photos is really cool and I hope our new friends enjoyed it as much as we did. Always happy to be a part of the community!! 

Connect Moderator

Fantastic @ValeriaA_ ,

first I thought you make a recap from last summer and here are fake news, than I remember that the world 🌎 is round.... and the sun ☀️ supply heat in different ways to us... 😎.

Thank you for sharing this nice recap. Currently I have - (minus) 6 degrees....

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Connect Moderator

It was a very fun meet-up, thank you for organizing it @ValeriaA_!

The Rosedal was the perfect location, and it gave me a chance to take 360° photos with my phone instead of my camera for the first time as I take photos indoors most of the time.

The worldwide event was really successful, it was also an excellent idea to do it worldwide, after everyone got the Ricos at CL. Congrats!

Nos vemos el domingo!

@davidhyno I have the LG 360 cam, it's a bit similar in shape to the Theta though 🙂

Connect Moderator

Muy bueno @ValeriaA_, los felicito por el gran trabajo que realizaron todos, cuanto más Local Guides puedan conocer estas herramientas es mejor, ya que Google Maps se está volviendo más inversivo a medida que pasa el tiempo 🙂👍

saludos Farid 

Connect Moderator

Beautiful meet-up, @ValeriaA_! So happy to see you had a great number of attendees and really loving those 360's as well 😎! The Rose Garden looks incredibly beautiful. 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Former Google Contributor

Hey @ValeriaA_,

Wow, awesome recap! Thanks for sharing and for your Google Maps contributions! I love roses myself and the rose garden is just beautiful.

Glad to hear you had some new attendees and looking forward to your next one! 😊

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Thanks @davidhyno! It was indeed a very beautiful day, and I really enjoyed the meet-up.

There were: 1 Theta, 2 Samsung and 1 LG 🙂

Level 10

Thank you for attending all my meet-ups @santiagoirale 🙂