vvbellur's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Recap] Bangalore 360° Photo Walk Meetup

Inspired by @ValeriaA_'s WorldWide 360° Photography meet up, @SalmaanN from Bangalore organized the Bangalore chapter! We had a low RSVPs of 4 people and finally just the two of us, Salmaan and I made it to the event!

I was looking forward to meeting the others as I had brought some Connect Live goodies and chocolates and wanted to share it. ? Another time perhaps!

The meet up started at 10:30 AM and Salmaan and I clicked a few photos of the exteriors of the Government Aquarium building, which was the starting point of the meet up.Salmaan and Vandana in front of the Government Aquarium building during the WW 360 Photowalk meet upSalmaan and Vandana in front of the Government Aquarium building during the WW 360 Photowalk meet up

We decided to walk along the popular MG Road clicking many 360 photos of various shops.  

A 360 photo of a famous Indian saree shop - Deepam SilksA 360 photo of a famous Indian saree shop - Deepam Silks

A 360 photo of a women's clothing store, SochA 360 photo of a women's clothing store, SochA 360 photo of an electronics store, Aptronix , on MG road.A 360 photo of an electronics store, Aptronix , on MG road.

To click the interiors of the store, we had to take permissions. A few of them declined, but the rest allowed us.   Our last stop was Deepam Silks, a famous saree store. A very funny thing happened. When we enquired for permission, the receptionist asked us to give the store a 5-star ratings and then let us proceed!  There we met  the store manager who took us to his cabin and we explained who we were and the purpose of clicking pictures.  We discovered that the owner himself was a level 6 Local Guide! After a few minutes of talking, we clicked a few photos of the store and thanked the owner and left! Throughout our photo walk, we were met with curious eyes asking what this equipment was.

The meet up ended at 12:15 pm. It was a simple and short event. This event wouldn't be possible without our Theta V received from the Street View team during Connect Live 2018. Thank you once again!

It was so great to meet you again Salmaan and i enjoyed our meet up. ?

Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
23 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [Recap] Bangalore 360° PhotoWalk Meetup

Hello @vvbellur and @SalmaanN ,

You both are very expert in 360° photography ✌️👍👍👍👍

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Former Google Contributor

Hi @vvbellur and @SalmaanN!

Thanks for sharing with us.

From my personal experience, it is indeed a bit tricky when needed permissions to capture photos or videos at premises. As the case of your last stop at the saree shop, the owner have made a really interesting exchange, kudos to all parties on that case!

Regarding the exchange - please make sure to review the Local Guides Rules, as Local Guides should not accept sponsorship in exchange for contributions on Google Maps. For example, you shouldn’t agree to write positive reviews about a business that sponsors a meet-up — or negative reviews about its competitors. This applies to the Local Guide hosting the meet-up and to all attendees.

P.s: Really fascinating photos you have managed to capture!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 8

Thanks For Sharing @vvbellur

Nice Photography All Photo So Good

thank you @vvbellur @SalmaanN

Level 8

Level 8

Re: [Recap] Bangalore 360° Photo Walk Meetup

Congratulations @vvbellur for hosting a meetup and from the looks of it, it was successful no matter the size. I loved the quality of the pictures, seems you are a pro in a short time 😉

Can't wait to see more pictures in the 360 photo album!

Level 8

@Tula, Thanks Faraz. It was @SalmaanN who hosted the meet up! 🙂 I really enjoy clicking 360 and leaning each time.  I need to figure out the correct angle, right height, etc to improve the quality of the pics.

Level 10

Surprisingly @vvbellur, ALL my meet-ups were well attended. Therefore I salute your gut and that of @SalmaanN for going ahead with your meet-up in spite of non-turnout of other Local Guides in that community.

Well done!

Level 8

First of all, thank you so much for supporting me to host the meetup, @vvbellur. I truly appreciate your effort asking many stores for allowing us to take 360photos. I totally enjoyed explaining about this 360camera when people asked about it on streets during meetup. Finally, I learned it is not numbers which makes a meetup successful, it is the effort what we do in the meetup to make it successful. Thanks again for all of your efforts. As always, it's a pleasure to meet you, Looking forward to meeting you soon. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

Thanks a lot for your kind words, @KashifMisidia bhai. I have so much to learn from you all. 

Vellore Local Guides