EmekaUlor's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Recap:Accessibility Walk San Francisco

San Francisco is such a a beautiful city with some natural grooves embellished by trees, waterbodies and hills. The weather looks friendly from 10,000ft above but can take a visitor by surprise when it falls at will especially towards the evening.

Caption: Aeriel view of San Francisco Bay from an aircraftCaption: Aeriel view of San Francisco Bay from an aircraft A blend of old and new buildings, surely reminds one that this is a historic city. From the Alcatraz to Golden Gate, from Pier 39 to the Bay Bridge, the feeling was just awesome.

In keeping with our quest for an inclusive society, we took note of places with accessibility trails and it was more interesting. No doubt that the provision has been entrenched into the system here. This was obvious from the airport (arrival, restroom, checkin counter), through the roads and at various public places.

Hyatt Centric, where we lodged, has clearly marked wheelchair parking, entrance, escalator and elevator for people with disability. 

Caption: Hyatt Centric Main entrance showing wheelchair parkingCaption: Hyatt Centric Main entrance showing wheelchair parking

Googleplex also has a complete accessibility trails,  from each road to buildings there were interconnectivity for wheelchairs. Each point is clearly marked or indicated with signage. Caption A wheelchair sign indicating parking lot for people with disability at the  GoogleplexCaption A wheelchair sign indicating parking lot for people with disability at the Googleplex

Caption Wheelchair parking signCaption Wheelchair parking sign

Caption: Wheelchair waiting spot at  bus stop in GoogleplexCaption: Wheelchair waiting spot at bus stop in Googleplex

With such wonderful examples, I believe other cities and emerging urban centers can emulate the inclusiveness found here, to help make the world a better place for all.

@MiaMaria @Sashabg @ValeriaA_ @HimanshiS @AriMar @PriyankaU @OSAMA @KarenVChin

Check out some other photos in the album  

Xoxo

Emeka

San Francisco, CA, USA
17 comments
Level 9

Re: Recap:Accessibility Walk San Francisco

Thanks dear @EmekaUlor for nice post ! 

I am glad that you have a great expierence in San Francisco and have a fan! 

Perfect album!

Cheers,

Connect Moderator

@helga19 Thank you  for your support. Looking forward to meeting you. 

Level 9

Very interesting @EmekaUlor. I love it

Connect Moderator

Thank you @EmekaUlor for that great post . Soon you will see from my side too. I want to do exactly same activity here, your post is much helpful for me. 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 10

Rif.: Recap:Accessibility Walk San Francisco

Level 9

Thank you @EmekaUlor for sharing with us.

Connect Moderator

Thank you @UchechukwuEnem

@AbdullahAM thanks for your kind words

@davidhyno thank you. It's part of me now. I look out for these features everywhere I go.

@KashifMisidia I look forward to reading about your discoveries 

Cheers 

Level 8

Emeka, Thanks sharing SF accessibility experience with this community. I love the details, very inspiring!  

Google Moderator

Hey @EmekaUlor,

An excellent recap. Thank you for sharing. I am so happy you enjoyed this experience!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!