KashifMisidia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[Recap] 3rd Knowledge sharing session about CTW campaign and Google maps/localguidesconnect

With the Dedicated Principle and Brilliant students of the schoolWith the Dedicated Principle and Brilliant students of the school

Hello local guides, today I want to share the Recap of my third Knowledge sharing session about Clean the World campaign, Google maps and local guides connect .
The principle/director of school know my activities by social media so he invited me to share that knowledge to his students.

Introduction of school :
Kamran Public school is situated in remote area of Karachi, Baldia town near Baluchistan province border.
The place is quite far from the center of Karachi.
I want to apperciate that impressive gentleman who is providing a standard education to the children of that area without any fees and charge. Long time ago, in this area there was no trend of education, but that respectable teacher visited door to door and influence the parents there to educate thier children. From last decades till now, hundreds of girls and boys got education and passed out from that very small but very much dedicated school for the people of that area who are living under the poverty line. Hatsoff for Mr @Rizwan_Dhedi

Our sessions :
As usual the session had different steps,
This time I try to add new subject which was importance of wheelchair accessibility at different places.
There were two classes together,   there were different ages of boys and girls,

That's why I mentioned the students who were around 18 years old that they can join Google local guides program, and the students who are under 18 I try to explain them about clean the world campaign .

Clean The World campaignClean The World campaign

Clean the world campaign :

That program is for all, for every age students , youngers or old people.
The principle explain them about the bad effects of plastic pollution not just on the marine life, but human too.
He teached them to not throw any plastic stuff and other garbage in to sea or beach.
We tried to explain them that how much dangerous it is if someone throw garbage specially plastic bottles, plastic bags, and other stuff in to the sea.
And how marine life is effecting and going to the death . Turtles, fishes, and millions of marine animals are effecting by this act of humans.
They understand and agree that they will never throw garbage anywhere outside, specially on sea beaches, rivers , gardens and mountains, because they understood very well today that, these places are like a home for millions of creatures of God. So they shouldn't make their home dirty. @ErmesT 

@DavidTito

We explained about Google Maps and Local Guides connect.We explained about Google Maps and Local Guides connect.

Google maps and local guides connect :

As usual in that third knowledge sharing session I try to explain to the younger students who were on the age of 18 that what are the benefits if they contribute to improve the map of world and specially Pakistan with the new panaflex banner so they can understand more clearly what I want to explain them. They know very well how to use Google maps for directions and for reach to destinations. But today they learn how to contribute by thier reviews, uploading pictures, add new places, check the facts, add missing informations about places and how to help other people by Google maps program.
Than we tell them about local guides connect, how they can join local guides connect forum, and how they can answer by the other local guides , connect moderators , if they feel any difficulty or have questions in thier mind about Google maps.

Accessibility :
We explain them how they can mention the places by thier reviews about wheel chairs accessibility entrance , washrooms and sitting arrangements to help those people who really need these informations before thier visit to any place as I learn from my fellow local guides.

@IlankovanT

Photo Album :

Click here for photo album

Video Link : 

Please Click here for short video clip of that session.

So that was a great experience for me , I really love what I m doing now, after a long time I m feeling satisfaction in me when I see that school that still many people are in this world, who not think just for material and money, but they really serving people without any lust of benifit. And we should learn by them.

Thank you

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Kamran Public School, Rasheedabad Karachi, Pakistan
31 comments
Level 10

Re: [Recap] Knowledge sharing session about CTW campaign and Google maps/localguidesconnect (Thrid)

Hi @KashifMisidia

I highly appreciate your activities👍

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

Level 9

Re: [Recap] Knowledge sharing session about CTW campaign and Google maps/localguidesconnect (Thrid)

Thanks @KashifMisidia

For sharing this with us you're really helping people to understand the future of our planet 

Cheers 

Saudi local guide 

Level 10

@KashifMisidia Thanks for sharing this wonderful meet up. It is amazing. Keep up the good job there. 

Connect Moderator

Hey @KashifMisidia

This is so beautiful. It is amazing to see how the students care, and learn, about the environement. I am back fro San Francisco, just to discover your post. Wow!!!

@DavidTito will be amazed too.

Let me add your video in the reply, so it will be easy to use

and a small extra video that I just discovered. Very usefull for Education

Congratulations for all your activity. My best wishes to all your Local Heroes

Ermes

IMG_20181016_100243.jpg

Connect Moderator

Hi @KashifMisidia

Bhai you are a legend...

This is so amazing that I feel like giving you a bow...

Keep spreading the message...

I enjoy reading your recap

Kind regards

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 10

@KashifMisidia This is great.

Level 8

WOW ! Really great effort @KashifMisidia , Thanks for sharing your hard work to us and thanks for enlightening young kids about the local guides  and inspiring  them to keep our earth clean. Congratulations ... 
#LOCALGUIDES #LOCALGUIDESCLEANTHEWORLD 

Level 9

Wonderful RECAP @KashifMisidia. Thank you very much for hosting this meetup 😊

I'm sure you will do more and more in future 👍

Level 8

Amazing work. This is so motivating for fellow local guides