HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Recap - 360 Photo Walk Nigeria

It was Saturday November 10 2018 and we local guides in Nigeria were excited to host our very first ever 360 Photo Walk meet-up. Prior to the day of this meet-up, the anticipation for a 360 themed meet-up was very high as man were so eager to learn more about 360 Photography.

Thanks to @Sayo @AguerO @Abdullahi_cap @Olumide1 @MrLabule Bolaji Zealet & George who made themselves available for the Meetup. As usual we gathered ourselves together and I did a

live demonstration  on how to take 360 Photos with a smartphone 

and also with a 360 camera. I was able to share my 360 photography experience with the meet-up attendees. There was a lot of questions and answers and I was happy I was able to share my own knowledge about it.Caption a group of Local Guides standing and following closely as I share tips about 360 PhotographyCaption a group of Local Guides standing and following closely as I share tips about 360 Photography

After the knowledge sharing session, we proceeded to the field to apply our skills by taking 360 Photos. At the first part I had to demonstrate to some of the attendees using a smartphone to take the photos while they watched and followed closely with me. At the end they were able to see it was so simple and easy to do so.Caption: Me on white T-shirt taking 360 photos with my smartphone and holding a 360 camera alongside another local guide taking 360 photos during a 360 themed photowalk meet-upCaption: Me on white T-shirt taking 360 photos with my smartphone and holding a 360 camera alongside another local guide taking 360 photos during a 360 themed photowalk meet-up

After the live demonstration, we all had to give our self some distant spaces so we could focus on the mission  of the day.

Thanks to this meet-up we were able to discover a little garden and we made sure we took 360 Photos of the garden and uploaded it to Google Maps. It was an adventurous day. The fun didn't stop as well as we had Bolaji Zealet also taking 360 Photos with a drone.Caption a flying drone during the 360 Photo walk Nigeria MeetupCaption a flying drone during the 360 Photo walk Nigeria Meetup

Here are some 360 Photos we took during the meet-up, find them below.

360 Photo by Sayo

The meetup was fun and lovely. We had @Sayo and Bolaji documenting all our activities by taking beautiful moments during the Meet-up. You can find and view the full album here of the experiences we had: 360 Photo Walk Nigeria- The 360 Experience

There is also a 1min video showcasing cool moments, you can watch it here on YouTube.

We ended the meet-up by taking a group photograph and at the end some of the meet-up participants shared with me they found something to take home and learnt something new during the meet-up. It brought joy to my heart to see the knowledge we all shared together had a useful impact, this should be the goal of every meet-up. No doubt we accomplished the mission of the day. We look forward to a similar event such as this.Caption a cross section of Local Guides smiling and cheering during a group photograph at the 360 Photo Walk meet-up in Lagos, NigeriaCaption a cross section of Local Guides smiling and cheering during a group photograph at the 360 Photo Walk meet-up in Lagos, Nigeria

Lagos, Nigeria
19 comments
Level 10

Re: Recap - 360 Photo Walk Nigeria

Hi @Petra_M @Sorbe here is 1 of the recaps, I still have 4 more recaps to go, I would be sharing them sometimes soon as time permits me as I am still traveling too :).

Level 8

This meet up happens to be one of the best i have attended so far. 

Fun-filled, participatory and there was so much excitement as we had opportunity to ask questions, learn so much aside the fun of the meet up.

Now my 360 photos have been better of compared to the ones i had taken before this meet up. 

And there is this feeling of Joy that I got it right after being taught. 

Thank you  so much @HelloSamsonR , it was really a meet up not to be forgotten so easily. 

Great recap, fantastic and timely picture and caption.

Connect Moderator

Hi, @HelloSamsonR

Thank you for sharing this:-) I want to use a drone too! 

Level 6

I never expected much to take place on that day due to the fact that it was my first meet-up, but on getting there I got/ gained more than I bargained for... I was saturated with experience I never had plus the fun I acquired can never be explained with words.... It was one of a kind (the meet-up) thanks @HelloSamsonR it was and is a pleasure having you there on that day...

Level 10

Wonderful RECAP post @HelloSamsonR, all photos are really awesome. 

Congratulations to all Meetup participants for their very first 360 Meetup. 

@Sayo @AguerO @Abdullahi_cap @Olumide1 @MrLabule

Former Google Contributor

Thanks @HelloSamsonR, we are excited about the other recaps as well. 

As you said you are travelling, you can share a piece of that also. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Congratulations for your successful Meetup @HelloSamsonR bro.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

An amazing meet-up! One to remember and plan towards taking and uploading as many as 360 photos possible everywhere. Thanks @HelloSamsonR for this wonderful meet-up teaching us how to and the drone master @bolarzeal to make it more fun.

Always happy improving the maps and connect here!
Former Google Contributor

Hey @HelloSamsonR

Thank you so much for tagging me. Please do it also in the future recaps. 

Have a safe trip in the meantime. Where are you heading to? 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!