HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Recap- 360 Photo Walk Awka

It was approaching the time for my meet-up and I was super excited in exploring the city of Awka popular referred to in the Eastern part of Nigeria as the light of the Nation. It was my first time visiting this city and I was super happy and excited to explore and discover the hidden gems in the city of Awka.

Awka is the capital of Anambra State located in the Eastern part of Nigeria with a population of about 300,000+ inhabitants. Though it was my meet-up as I was the host for the day but I was hosted and guided by a wonderful and caring local guide @UchechukwuEnem . Thanks to Uceey10 and @Chuks007s who came through to support and guide me on this meet-up.

Finally it was time for us to get our 360 cameras to work.

Caption an image showing different devices of 360 degree cameras

Caption an image showing different devices of 360 cameras

Our first place of visit was the Stanel Plaza Awka. The stanel plaza in Awka is a business hub which runs for 24 hours non stop in the city of Awka. It encompasses of businesses like supermarkets, farmers market, pharmacies, petrol station, gas station, restaurants, relaxation center etc. We toured the plaza taking photos and looking out for accessibility information to add on Google Maps. Businesses like the supermarket located on the top floors lacked easy accessibility to make it easily accessible for wheelchair. I added this to my reviews so as to provide the awareness because this place is one of the most visited place in the city of Awka. Find below the 360 view of the Stanel Plaza on Google Maps  taken by @Chuks007s 

Caption an image showing different devices of 360 cameras

After touring the whole business environment, we decided to relax and grab some snacks at the Chicken Republic Restaurant located in the same plaza which is also a drive-thru restaurant and the only drive-thru restaurant in the city. I ordered for a chicken pie.

Caption an image showing a chicken pieCaption an image showing a chicken pie

This was the best chicken pie I have ever eaten in Nigeria as the taste was so near to perfection. I couldn't hold back my excitement as I shared my first hand experience reviewing the place instantly on Google Maps. While eating we were also taking 360 photos of the ambience and dishes. I think we became very addicted to 360 photos on this day.  360 Photo by Chuks007s.

After having our lite refreshments, we proceeded next to the Awka Wonderland which is an amusement park. 360 Photo by me. Taken with my smartphone.

This amusement park is free and you don't have to pay a token of cash to enter or access the facility. We explored the entire environment taking lots of 360 Photos, still Photos, videos of the animals, facilities and environment. There was a lot of sightseeing to see here as we explored every corners of the amusement park. From animals, rollercoaster, children friendly areas fun and interactive games, we took photos of all places and you can find them here in the full Photo album here:360 Photo Walk Awka The Full Album

Caption a group photos with me and the meet-up participantsCaption a group photos with me and the meet-up participants

Thanks to Uceey & Dr Chucks who made my visit a memorable one, I definitely would visit again :).

Caption a 360 photograph of  the meet-up participants

My next adventure was 360 Photowalk Port Harcourt read my experience here: Coming Soon

Awka, Nigeria
5 comments
Level 10

Re: Recap- 360 Photo Walk Awka

@Petra_M @AngieYC @AlexaAC @ I made the recap.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @HelloSamsonR,

Awesome! Thanks for the tag and for sharing the 360 photos via Google Maps! It looks good and sounds like you had fun! 

Looking forward to the next one! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Former Google Contributor

Thank you for the great recap @HelloSamsonR! I would like to have that chicken pie.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 9

It was really nice having you around. It was very fulfilling and I enjoyed your presence, time and knowledge. Thanks for sharing @HelloSamsonR

Level 10

Thank you @AlexaAC @Petra_M

Looking forward to an interesting meet-up as this again @UchechukwuEnem. Thanks for been a great host.