09-20-2016 11:47 AM - edited 10-10-2016 01:51 AM
If you are always raving about the city where you live or want to share about your journeys, then this board is your chance to share your authentic experiences with Local Guides around the world on the “Travel and Advice” board. Your local knowledge will help people navigate and enjoy the unique experience in your city.
In the same way you may share your experience and knowledge with others, you can also actively learn — and ask — more about what other Local Guides have to say about the places they live, work and visit.
Before you post to this board, we recommend you...
A few tips about posting on this board:
1) Make best use of “Location” feature when you are creating a post on this board
Add the place or location you are posting about so that Local Guides can search for information related to that location. For more information about this feature, you can check out this post.
2) Craft your headline to make it clear and attention-grabbing (get your creative juices flowing!) so that more people will read your article
Some examples below
Be crystal clear on your purpose - if you are sharing specific information, you may want to write a headline that is self-explanatory “Tips for travelling to NYC on a budget”. On the other hand, if you are making a request for information, try writing a headline that says “Requesting travel tips for 3 days in New York City”.
3) Share pictures of the city or country you want to showcase
- Pictures will always get more eyeballs than text only.
- Remember to only share pictures that you have taken yourself, post only royalty-free images or give credit to the person or organization who is responsible for any image you use from the internet
Finally, before you post to this board, we recommend you to search the community. Chances are someone else has shared a similar topic or query. It makes it easier on everyone if we unify conversations and avoid duplicates. For overall guidelines on how to post in this community, please refer to this post to get more information.