riderprashant's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Reached at level 7 within 1.5 months. Need Suggestion about google guide rating.

Hi Everyone, Good day.

I started google guide last month by chance. But now I love it. I reached at level 7. Today I saw my rating which is 8. I didn't understand the meaning of rating neither I could find anywhere. I'm loving this and wants to know what is rating and how I can improve it. 
Thank you in advance.

Untitled.png

Live like a free bird.
New Delhi, Delhi, India
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Reached at level 7 within 1.5 months. Need Suggestion about google guide rating.

Hi and welcome to Google Local Guides Connect. 

Your Rank depends on your score. I hope you guessed it.

Ratings are reviews without words 🙂 When you give a place JUST stars (1 lowest - 5, highest) and do not write a comment, it becomes a rating (1 point) . If you add words  it becomes a review (10 points) . And if the character count is more than 200, it's a long review which gives you 10 extra points. 

View solution in original post

Level 9
Solution

Re: Reached at level 7 within 1.5 months. Need Suggestion about google guide rating.

Ratings are reviews without words 🙂 When you give a place JUST stars (1 lowest - 5, highest) and do not write a comment, it becomes a rating (1 point) . If you add words  it becomes a review (10 points) . And if the character count is more than 200, it's a long review which gives you 10 extra points. 

Level 10

First congratulations for your level 7 @riderprashant 2nd here is answer of question  A "rating" is when you just give a star rating (1, 2, 3, 4, or 5) and don't write a review. 

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Connect Moderator

Welcome to Local Guides @riderprashant there are lots of ways to contribute to Google Maps that help everyone around you

While contributing is a lot of fun and rewarding, I always caution people about growing in points too quickly. Organic growth a little at a time is always best. Those  who shoot up like rockets sometimes are making low quality contributions and may have contributions removed with a subsequent loss of points.

The best ways to contribute and get points are
* Add new places
* Add meaningful quality photos to places
* Edit places to update them to correct information.
* Review and rate places you’ve experienced and tell us about them
* Add photos to places you visit, most places deserve two to three photos, one of the outside of the place, one of the inside and perhaps a product shot. Some places may deserve more such as large stores, tourist attractions or cultural landmarks.

For everything you contribute, always think to yourself, would I find what I'm about to add useful? If the answer is yes then go ahead and do it, otherwise think about holding back.

Never review places you have not personally visited or used.
Good luck in your journey as a Local Guide.

There are loads of great tips in this forum Helpdesk for how to get the most out of Connect.

If you haven't already consider introducing yourself on this post
Remember to always uphold the Core Values of Connect
Regards Paul

Level 7

@RajievR wrote:

IMG_0332.PNGIMG_0333.PNGIMG_0334.PNG

Live like a free bird.
Level 7

Hi Sir,

Thank you by heart for replying to me on this. But I didn't understand because I have reviewed total 130 places till now and didn't leave any single place where I gave only star rating not reviewed. even I have a badge "Master Reviewer" which gets when we review 50 places more than 200 characters. So I am unable to understand.

Plz find the screenshots attached below as well.IMG_0332.PNGIMG_0333.PNGIMG_0334.PNG

Live like a free bird.
Level 7

Hi Sir,

Thank you by heart for replying to me on this. But I didn't understand because I have reviewed total 130 places till now and didn't leave any single place where I gave only star rating not reviewed. even I have a badge "Master Reviewer" which gets when we review 50 places more than 200 characters. So I am unable to understand. And I have uploaded 267 photos which have 76853 views until now and uploaded 25, 360-degree photos since 17 June, which have19.89k views until now. So I'm trying my best but don't know where I'm doing wrong.IMG_0335.PNGIMG_0336.PNG

Plz find the screenshots attached below as well.

IMG_0332.PNGIMG_0333.PNGIMG_0334.PNG

Live like a free bird.