MahendraJ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: My total points reduced by more than 100. This loss is not recovered even after 2 days. what to

all the places are there. nothing has been removed.

@PhilipF wrote:

If you've lost points from Added Places, that suggests the place has been removed, can you check the places you've added and find any ones no longer live?

4 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: My total points reduced by more than 100. This loss is not recovered even after 2 days. what to

Did you add many places, can you link to some of them here. Also did you check your profile while logged out as I suggested? If you post your public profile

(eg https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/) we can see your points total and breakdown directly and may help identify if any reviews have been made private

Former Google Contributor

Hi @MahendraJ, adding to @Peapoints are awarded per high-quality review of a place and all reviews must be made public. Some of your reviews may be marked private if they do not adhere to our guidelines. This post contains tips on writing genuine and useful reviews - it may be useful to you. 

Please also note that while it is not wrong, we don't encourage posting selfies on Maps. The types of well-received photos include the exterior of buildings/shops and good quality photos. I really recommend this post by @Svein where he shared in detail his experiences with posting photos on Maps. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 5

@xThank you for your reply. I agree with you that you do not encourage selfies to be uploaded, but not eveytime the selfie is uploaded by me. Secondly, if I put in all the efforts and follow your guidelines (like i m following now) yet the points reduced in future then my total efforts will go waste. In my many reviews, adding places and checking facts I have put in many efforts and yet the points are reduced. 100 points means 100 reviews. This means a lot. some of them also includes photo uploads. Google local guides are investing so much of time in this activity without any reward. Only few people will be rewarded who are above level 5. It does not mean that local guides below level 5 are not taking efforts their reviews are also helpful, they are also investing time. I would also recommend rewards level wise starting from level1.

@MahendraJ wrote:

all the places are there. nothing has been removed.

@PhilipF wrote:

If you've lost points from Added Places, that suggests the place has been removed, can you check the places you've added and find any ones no longer live?

Level 9
Level 9

@MahendraJ wrote:

In my many reviews, adding places and checking facts I have put in many efforts and yet the points are reduced. 100 points means 100 reviews. This means a lot. some of them also includes photo uploads.

Hi @MahendraJ

Just so you know, 'Check the facts' doesn't earn points so if you've been doing that and expecting your points to rise it won't happen.

Also points can be earned in several ways, ie if you add a new place and include a photo and review, you'll get three points. Likewise if that place is removed, you'll lose three points. Are you sure none of your added placed have been removed? Did you compare your profile in an incognito browser to see if there was a difference in numbers?