TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Re: ANYBODY FROM INDIA , SAY HO!!!!

HI Vijay, glad to see you here. I did my engineering from D Y Patil, Kolhapur. 

It is such a wonderful city bro! 

Level 2

Ho Ho Ho! I'm Utkarsh, a data scientist by vocation and a vegetarian with a big appetite for food and gyaan.

I live in Bangalore and have been here for the last 3.5 years.

Level 1

Hello I was born and brought up in Kolkata & Darjeeling (Eastern India), Lived in Bangalore (Sothern India), Mumbai (Western India) and currently in Delhi (Northern India). 

Here I am first going to talk about Delhi, my present city. Like Rome, this city also breathes history and heritage. Though, the present day Delhi is a kaleidoscope -chaotic tapestry of medieval fortifications, Mughal mausoleums, dusty bazaars, colonial-era town planning, and mega malls.

Sometimes it is difficult to soak in the chaos, the madness, the rush... But give the city a chance and you might find tranquillity trapped in time and in-turn fall in love. It’s often the lesser-known corners that are most rewarding, such as a quiant morning walk at the maginificent Humayun's tomb, theqawwali (Islamic devotional singing) at Nizamuddin or traversing the great but cursed fort of Tughlaqabad. When it comes to food, Delhi has everything to soothe your platete - right from the classy world cuisine to delectable steert food and charming royal recipes. A recommended way to glimpse beneath the surface is to take insider's tours offered by local passionates - visit https://www.citybytesindia.com/ to know more.

Will talk about my other cities in some other posts...

Level 4

HO!!!!!

Myself Madhukar from Hubli, India... Am very much interested to participate in local guides discussions.

Level 2

Ho!!!!Namaste!😃,I am from ,kottayam,kerala state,India!!!

Level 2

@TraciC wrote:

As this is more of a roll call/introduction thread, I will be moving this to the General Discussion forum. I encourage all introducing themselves to tell everyone a little bit more about their area in India as a great way to highlight your local area. 

@TraciC wrote:

As this is more of a roll call/introduction thread, I will be moving this to the General Discussion forum. I encourage all introducing themselves to tell everyone a little bit more about their area in India as a great way to highlight your local area. 

@TraciC wrote:

@TraciC wrote:

Dehradun  is the capital city of the state of Uttarakhand in the northern part of India. Located in the Garhwal region, it lies 236 kilometres (147 mi) north of India's capital New Delhi and is one of the "Counter Magnets" of the National Capital Region (NCR) being developed as an alternative centre of growth to help ease the migration and population explosion in the Delhi metropolitan area. Dehradun is in the Doon Valley on the foothills of the Himalayas nestled between two of India's mightiest rivers — the Ganges on the east and the Yamuna on the west. The city is famous for its picturesque landscape and slightly milder climate and provides a gateway to the surrounding region. It is well connected and in proximity to popular Himalayan tourist destinations such as Mussoorie, and Auli and the Hindu holy cities of Haridwar and Rishikesh along with the Himalayan pilgrimage circuit of Chota Char Dham.

hello

i am from dehradun,uttarakhand,INDIA🇮🇳

Level 7

HO!!!!

Level 6

I'm living in Pune now. 

Planning to be in Kerala for two weeks and hoping to add some nice places 

Level 10

Welcome aboard, Gita 

Nice to hear that you're planning a two week long trip to Kerala. I'm sure you would have a great time 

Kerala Local Guides is the largest unofficial community in India. If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask us. 

Let me share the link to the community on Google Plus - https://plus.google.com/communities/116710017243062726855

Level 3

HO!!!!!!!!