Tomo916's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Ratings

I've been asked to review places that I've never been to by Google maps I've been looking up businesses to see if they're on Google Maps and then Google asked me to review them then when I say that I've never been there they lower my rating what's the story there

Port Macquarie NSW, Australia
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Ratings

It is correct, @Tomo916

Please read: https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6230175?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Here an excerpt: "On Google Maps, you can write reviews for places you’ve visited."

@Tomo916 wrote:

Thanks for your reply I click on never been there and when I do they take points off my rating

If you have never visited a place, you should not give a rating or write a reviev, so your points have to be removed

Ermes

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hi @Tomo916 A Warm Welcome in Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

Can you explain what do you mean with "they lower my rating". Google Maps normally ask you to review places, if you search for them, so inform that you "have never been there" is normal, if you do not want to be asked again.

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information to know how to interact with the community:

• Need Help?: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

Level 6

hi tomo, i hope you are well.

I've also decline some of place google ask me to review because ive never been there, but i never have any ratings lowered if you mean by rating is your contribution point. I think you have mistaken the point amount, or you have give the star but also click the option that youve never been there , so the point from giving rating / stars should be taken away right? 

hope the answer helps you.

Level 8

Thanks for your reply I click on never been there and when I do they take points off my rating

Connect Moderator
Solution

It is correct, @Tomo916

Please read: https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6230175?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Here an excerpt: "On Google Maps, you can write reviews for places you’ve visited."

@Tomo916 wrote:

If you have never visited a place, you should not give a rating or write a reviev, so your points have to be removed

Ermes