TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Rare Trees - Tree of Life, Bahrain - TravellerG

..Tree of life, Bahrain ..

The Tree of Life (Shajarat-al-Hayat) in Bahrain, (also addressed as Mystical Place) is around 40 KMs from Manama, Bahrain.

[My review of this tree, almost 2 years back is Here].

Importance:

This grand tree, abundantly covered with green leaves, with huge branches, grows strong on a hill in a barren area of the deep (vast) Desert of Bahrain; this is the only Major tree in the whole area!

With very rare rain and severe lack of water, it is a miracle, how this tree survives.

The Tree:

This 32 feet high tree has many long branches and is a good local tourist attraction (footfall close to 100,000 in an year). Said to be older than 400 years, this tree has roots as deep as 150 feet.

This tree has yellow Resin which is used to make candles, aromatics, gum etc.; the processed beans of this tree are used for meals, jam, wine, etc.

No: 1. Photo from my collection.

No: 2. [Photo from Wiki]

No: 3. Photo from my collection.

A scientific analysis shows that the tree is an Acacia planted in 1582.

Since you mentioned, I am tagging you, dear friend, @ErmesT.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Tree of Life, Bahrain
14 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Rare Trees - Tree of Life, Bahrain - TravellerG

Great post as always @TravellerG!

Thanks for the photos and all the information about the place. 

When did you visit? How did you find it?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

Hi @TravellerG

Thanks for tagging me and sharing the tree details post with us. 

Thanks again.

#LetsGuide

#LocalGuides | #LetsGuide | #Bangladesh |#BangladeshLocalGuides | #SoundOfBeautifulBangladesh
Connect Moderator

@TravellerG, thanks for sharing your photos here on Connect. I never heard about this tree. It must be a sight to see.  Never knew Acacia could grow that big and get to be so old!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

Tree, the source of Oxygen, also gives us shadow and  shelter @TravellerG

Level 10

Hi, dear friend, @Petra_M,

In connection with my corporate responsibility, I stayed in Bahrain (as International Head quarters) for couple of years; I have visited 'Tree of Life' for more than once (accompanying VIP Guests) - I personally like the place; however, there are /(were) no vending centre or any other facilities (infrastructure), which makes it less conducive to families. The mud road (the last stretch) is also very dusty.

Thanks for your kind words, dear.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Welcome dear @MdAtikuzzamanLimon;

Hope you know about 'God Enki', the God of water in Babylonian and Sumerian religion - many people (locally) express, it is this God's blessing.

Regards

Level 10

Hi dear friend @KarenVChin, thank you for responding to my post; I have referred the link to Wiki, in my post - kindly access it for more details. In Wiki, it is also referred as  'Prosopis cineraria'.

My knowledge is from the Locals (as I stayed in Bahrain) & from Google.

Level 10

👍🙏 for your response, dear @AbdullahAM

Level 10

Hi dear @TravellerG

"A scientific analysis shows that the tree is an Acacia planted in 1582." 

Amazing! 437 years old! 

Really incredible how many years....

Bye,

David