JohnPeter's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Rare Museums in Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India

Gass Museum and Police Museum in Coimbatore, India has very unique collections.  I would like to share my experience from the recent visit. 

Gass Museum InteriorGass Museum Interior

Horace Arichibald Gass, this museum is called after his nameHorace Arichibald Gass, this museum is called after his name

Gass Museum is located in the forest department campus and  Forest college, so it has become liberatory for the student who studies about animals, trees, spices, and people. It has a very unique preserved collection of rare species, birds, skulls, trees. Moreover, I was very much attracted to the special collections of weapons used by the native tribal community. 

Indian national bird peafowlIndian national bird peafowlBisonBison

10.JPG12.JPG

Weapons used by tribes for huntingWeapons used by tribes for huntingWeapons used by tribesWeapons used by tribesRare Indian woodsRare Indian woods

Police Museum in another unique intuitive to showcase the Indian police dress codes, weapon, and techonology used by them over the years.  

Police Museum CampusPolice Museum Campus8.JPG

6.JPG7.JPG

Dog Squad - Special departmentDog Squad - Special departmentWhatsApp Image 2019-01-23 at 10.57.24 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-01-23 at 10.57.28 AM.jpeg

Presently many schools and colleges students visit here as student tour and will be great experiential learning. Both the museum maintenance are far excellent and staffs are very friendly.  

There is one more Car Museum also located in this city, I will share that experience in my next visit.

With regards,

John Peter 

11 comments
Level 10

Re: Rare Museums in Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India

@JohnPeter

Thanks John for sharing this informative review with us. Those pictures are very nice.

Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Level 9

@JohnPeter Nice post , Thanks for shaing. I definitely visit here next time when I go to coimbatore. Please share about Car Museum also one you visited. 

Level 10

Thanks dear @MohanVee, I have missed the Car museum, hope to visit soon in case if you happen to visit earlier, I can expect a great post from you!

thanks, dear @aaryesdee 

Level 8

Hello @JohnPeter

Thanks For Shearing amazing photos of Museum 🙂

My Favorite Museum is Doll Museum  This unique Museum gives an overview to the culture and traditions of the world at large through a medium of dolls.

Level 10

Thanks, dear @rajuroyal for sharing the link to the Doll Museum post. Very interesting 

Level 8

Hello @JohnPeter

Welcome Bro 🙂 It's My Pleasure I recently visit the Watson Museum Rajkot amazing museum there to check about all exhibition.

watson Museum Click By mewatson Museum Click By mewatson Museum Click By mewatson Museum Click By mewatson Museum Click By mewatson Museum Click By mewatson Museum Click By mewatson Museum Click By me

Level 10

In this outset, I would like to thank @Christina-NYC her post on " How to take photos for art and culture lovers" has inspired me to visit Museums and learn to take better pictures.

Link : https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-to-take-photos-for-art-and-culture-love...

Still, I need to improve a lot but the guidelines given in that article given me a great idea and I shall strive forward for the better result. 

I also got the privilege to add an existed Museum to the google map " Heritage Museum, Ooty" during my recent visit. 

Thanks once again dear @Christina-NYC

Level 10

Hi @JohnPeter

Great Post!

Nkwetche from #Douala #LetsGuide #Wakawaka #Cameroun
https://www.instagram.com/nkwetche/?hl=fr
Level 9

Rare collection indeed @JohnPeter

Thank you for sharing your nice post with us.