gowthamselvam's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Rapelling at Bhongir Fort near Hyderabad - Adventure Lovers !

Hi LGs, 

This post is for the LGs who are interested in Adventures at Hyderabad. 

Rapelling (a controlled descent of a vertical drop, such as a rock face, using a ropeclimb down a steep clif or slope) . This adventure is available at Bhongir Fort. This is located shanthi nagar nalagonda in Telangana. Fort is at the top of the monolithic rock. 

This adventure activity of rappelling from 300 feet. I had this adventure thru Hyderabad Trekking club's meetup event. HTC and other trekking adventure clubs conduct this event frequently.  We started from Hyderabad and reached bhogir fort's entrance. We had an introduction session and started asceding the rock by steps and rock surface. Reached the top had an photo session. 

A photo while hiking and desceding bhongir fortA photo while hiking and desceding bhongir fortA Group photo us before rapellingA Group photo us before rapellingWe started gearing up for the rapelling. UIAA or CE certified instructors from Bhongir Rock climbing school (Location) will help you through out and they will make sure that you can feel the adrenaline rush is increasing. A photo of myself while rapellingA photo of myself while rapelling

Things to carry : medium fit bright clothes, any kind of shoe, cap/sunglasses , sunscreen, water bottles(to keep you hydrated always)

A photo of the 300ft rapelling rock at Bhongir FortA photo of the 300ft rapelling rock at Bhongir FortA great experience for me ! Have adventrure and fun guys ! 

#rapelling #bhogirfort #adventure #hiking 

Keep exploring ! 

Keep Travelling ! 

Gowtham Selvam
you are educated by travelling - Solange Knowles
Bhongir Fort, புவனகிரி, தெலுங்கானா, இந்தியா
22 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Rapelling at Bhongir Fort near Hyderabad - Adventure Lovers !

Wow @gowthamselvam,

That was quite an adventure! Thank you for sharing it with us. You were a big group so I guess it was fun too.

I haven't heard of rappelling before so I have zero experience but I am sure that other Local Guides will take your advice, find the right place and try it out as soon as possible. 

What is the next thing on your way to more adventurous life?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @gowthamselvam,

Much appreciated for a really interesting post! : ]

From what I could deduct, usual rappelling would normally be on a wall with much more surface to grab and step on. Really impressive for everyone to have managed to climb on such a smooth surface.

Totally agree with you, @MoniDi.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 8

@MoniDi Thank you so much for your comment !

Yeah it was fun with the group ! For beginners this would be an nice place to start. 

I am planning for Night Cycling around the city.

Gowtham Selvam
Level 8

Hi @sonnyNg ,

Thank you so much for your appreciation !

Here it was entirely different. Totally rock surface. They guided us well 

Gowtham Selvam
Google Moderator

A night ride with your bike sounds great @gowthamselvam.

Make sure to tell us all about it here on Connect and have lots of fun!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@MoniDi Thank you !

Definitely i will be sharing the experience in connect. I have planned to identify and add the late night food stalls during my bike ride. 

Gowtham Selvam
Level 10

@gowthamselvam

Thanks for the nice write-up sharing with us.

The pictures too good.

Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Level 10

@gowthamselvam

Well written!. The pictures have come out nice. Thanks for sharing with us.

Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Level 8

@aaryesdee Thank you so much for your appreciation. 

Gowtham Selvam