AkhilGarg91's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Rameshwaram : One of the four divine site (Char Dham)

Rameshwaram has been an important tourist spot due to its religious significance. It is on Pamban Island. Rameshwaram is one of the 12 Jyotirling and one of the four divine sites (char dham) along with Badrinath, Puri, and Dwarka. Rameshwaram has a lot of significance in Hindu mythology. Don’t get misled by the name of Ramanathaswamy Temple (Which is an important place in Rameshwaram), Its a temple of Lord Shiva, not Lord Rama. 
As per mythology, Ram had prayed here to Shiva in order for forgiveness for killing a Brahmin (Ravana). According to legends Ram had sent Hanuman to bring a Linga from the Himalayas to worship but Hanuman was delayed so in the meantime Sita had built a small Linga from the beaches near the temple. Thus this temple has two Lingas.

The jyotirlinga is the supreme partless reality, out of which Shiva partly appears. The jyothirlinga shrines, thus are places where Shiva appeared as a fiery column of light.

Pamban bridge connect this island to India. Rameshwaram is the closest distance to Srilanka. According to Mythology from Setu Karai the place from where Lord Rama started construction of the bridge to go to Srilanka to get her wife back from Ravana.

RameshwaramRameshwaramPamban bridgePamban bridgePamban BridgePamban BridgeRameshwaramRameshwaramRameshwaramRameshwaramAPJ MemorialAPJ Memorial

Akhil Garg
Insta |Twitter |Facebook
Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu, India
12 comments
Level 9

Re: Rameshwaram : One of the four divine site (Char Dham)

Thanks @AkhilGarg91 

For sharing the amazing pictures with lot of useful information.

I also want to share a religious post from Haridwar-The-City-of-Gods

It's also known as (Devbhoomi) Dev & Bhoomi, Dev means God and Bhoomi means Land.

Hello @Aruni i have not visited this place but as i can see by the picture it's good place to explore.

I shared a link of my post, you can take a look on it 🙂

Level 9

Hi @IshantHP_ig ,

Thanks for liking the post. Always welcome.))

Akhil Garg
Insta |Twitter |Facebook
Former Google Contributor

Hi @AkhilGarg91 

Wow It is a very nice place to explore. Thank you for sharing your experience with us

Is it your first visit there, what did you enjoy the most?

@IshantHP_ig Have you ever been there before?

I would like to suggest that you take a look at these 14 helpful tips for using Connect

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Hi @Aruni ,

Yes it was my first visit. Obviously, i went for RamanathanSwamy Temple and I like it. The art inside the temple was amazing. I enjoyed the way as well it was beautiful.

Akhil Garg
Insta |Twitter |Facebook
Level 10

Thanks dear @AkhilGarg91  for sharing about this lovely place. It is one of my place to visit list. 

APJ MEMORIAL looks very nice, hope the construction works are completed. 

Wow, It is very interesting for me. I love to visit the temple.

What activities we can do around?

Have you ever been to Thailand? There are also very nice and beautiful temples. I can share some photos of this place.

Caption: A photo of Wat Sothon Wararam Wora Viharn in Thailand (Local Guide @Aruni)Caption: A photo of Wat Sothon Wararam Wora Viharn in Thailand (Local Guide @Aruni)

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Hi @JohnPeter ,

Thanks for liking my post. Yes.

Akhil Garg
Insta |Twitter |Facebook
Level 9

HI @Aruni ,

You can visit Dhanushkodi beach for sunrise and its very beautiful. 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dhanushkodi,+Tamil+Nadu,+India/@9.1726417,79.3860476,13z/data=!3m1...

This place was affected by Tsunami but now you can visit.

No I have never been to Thailand, Its on my plan, Lets see when I make it. I always want to visit it. Nice picture, its amazing.

Akhil Garg
Insta |Twitter |Facebook

Hi @AkhilGarg91 

Thank you for your information. 

I will visit this place one day. What are the best things to do in Dhanushkodi beach?