Kuburat's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

RECAP of Admiralty Photo Walk.

Hello,

I will like to appreciate everyone who showed up and made this photo walk a success story. Although the time set to begin was 10.00 A.M, we officially began by 11.00 A.M and was able to wrap up at about 1.00 P.M local time. Although It was brought to my attention that the end time of the photo walk on my initial post was 1.00 A.M local time, I failed to make an announcement as regards this error. I have learnt from this and will better utilize the tools made available to keep us better informed.

A total of nine (9) nice, smart, fun filled, talented local guides showed up to make this event happen. This was my first hosting of many more to come, hopefully. The attendees were opportune to meet and get to know each other. Our activity revolved around making inquiries about business in the area whilst taking photos of the said business and adding them to the map.  We were opportune to learn more about what local guide is all about from @SanyaOdare@ and how to do certain things such as; tagging the different business found inside a mall building on the map, thanks to@Sagir

Please note, we did not cover Admiralty road in its entirety.  It was a day time photo walk through Admiralty way and ended at the Ikoyi link bridge. We noted several restaurants of fast food, street food and fine dining are readily available, banks, fitness center, hospital, barbers’ shop, salons, bet shops, and malls to serve you.

I will like to believe that those in attendance @Boomme@BoseOmotoso @MrLabule, @Olumide @iGana and the rest had fun because the weather and traffic were in our favor. 😊

Special thanks to @Austin for encouraging and motivating me to host this event.

Photos taken during this meet up can be found here HERE

Admiralty Road, Lagos, Nigeria
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: RECAP of Admiralty Photo Walk.

Hi your post was dumped into the spam quarantine. This can happen when you edit quickly. I've released it for you. I'm glad you had a good photowalk, perhaps you might like to add some photos?

Level 9

@Kuburat it was an awesome meetup had fun.

Admiralty way has alot of gardens and flower shops as well as lots of restaurants.

Admiralty Way has lots of Blossom FlowersAdmiralty Way has lots of Blossom Flowers

Hope you host more meetups.

Nigeria  
Level 6

Thank you .

Level 10

I arrived late but glad I was able to meet up and see everyone in attendance and got some photo shoots! Lovely places to put on the maps on Admiralty Way

Always happy improving the maps and connect here!
Connect Moderator

Lovely experience.

Thanks for organising this @Kuburat

I had great time..

Lovely meeting you @BoseOmotoso 

Kind regards

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 7

Happy new year @Sagir it was a pleasure. You impacted my first meet up positively. You were all so friendly. Thanks to @Kuburat for making it happen

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Kuburat,

Thanks for sharing your recap with us!

It looks like you had a great day full of photo stops and delicious food.

I hope to see more meet-ups from you in the future, as this one seems to have been a great succes.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Thanks a million @Kuburat for the tag and most especially the "Admiralty Photo Walk" meet-up. It was such a great moment for me to wrap up my 2018. 

Good to see you join us @BoseOmotoso!