Prdeep's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[RECAP] Worldwide Hospital Edit Walk - KARNAL

Hello Family,

I am glad to share my happiness for the successfully completion of one more meetup in Karnal city, Haryana i.e. Worldwide Hospital Edit Walk. It was a nice idea by @Sagir . Wonderful Local Guide Deepak @deepakjhic  joined me at Kalpana Chawla Govt. Medical College & Hospital. 

College Block of Hospital. This hospital is named after Indo-American astronaut Kalpana Chawla...College Block of Hospital. This hospital is named after Indo-American astronaut Kalpana Chawla...It is very big hospital. OPD of this hospital is the biggest OPD of India. We visited to different segments of this hospital and corrected, edited wrong details of places. I described the plan and routes how would we perform map editing.  

- Firstly, we concentrated on big hospitals and then medium scale hospitals. Some big hospitals have correct details and some needed few editing work.

- Deepak and I surprised when we had find the Çity Hospital was missing. Deepak added it. I explained the history of these hospitals to Deepak and told how would this have happened.

- Duplicate names removed or merged, location and name corrected.

- I and Deepak felt very disappointed when we could not find Wheelchair accessibility in many hospitals. Oops!

Front view of some hospitals.Front view of some hospitals.Deepak was very happy to observe the planned arrangements of hospitals in the city. He loved his second time meetup in this gorgeous city. 

Warm request to have a look at PHOTO ALBUM.

At the last moments of meetup, the evening winds were turning very very cold, we did not wish to compromise with our health and going to hospitals to be admitted there instead of map editing. So while having tea, snacks we had noted down some important factors. 

Finally we had a fantastic and healthy meetup, edit walk ..... 

Stay Fit, Stay Healthy. Happy Mapping.

PARDEEP.

Karnal, Haryana, India
7 comments
Google Moderator

Re: [RECAP] Worldwide Hospital Edit Walk - KARNAL

Congratulations for the successful meet-up @Prdeep  and thank you for sharing the recap with us. Your contribution is great and we are very happy to have you here! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Hi @Prdeep,

It sounds like you had a fruitful meetup! Thank you for your dedication. 🙂

I especially liked that you paid attention to the accessibility features of hospitals as well. Have you thought about  hosting an accessibility meet-up?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Hi @Prdeep Bhai 👍👌👏

You and @deepakjhic are heros. You guys done a great job.

Thanks for taking part in this and congratulations for a successful meet up.

Kind regards

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 9

Hello @Prdeep,

I'm sorry for reaching very late on our recap post. Yes that was an amazing day with you... You've broad knowledge about Karnal city and that made me more happy... I hope to host/join next possible accebility walk. 

👍👍👍👍

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 5

Hi @Prdeep got to know about you by your comment on @  Someone's post from Ambala. I live in Ambala and looking for meet ups nearby. Contact if possible. 

Level 8

Wow. I am glad to know you are interested in meetups and fortunately, I might plan my next meetup in Ambala or Kurukshetra.

I use to visit Ambala often and I have done lots of mapping. 

Level 6

Good to see local guide meet nearby. Please connect. I am from Ambala.