AIMAN_SAEED's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[RECAP] Winging Wednesday Food Crawl Meetup

Hello Local Guides and Foodies on Connect 😄 

This recap was long due as the meetup was planned on 14th. I had the chance to arrange a foodie meetup for local guides of Islamabad at Wild Wings - a new cafe in my hometown for wings lovers as well as people who are crazy about sports. Here are some pictures of the cafe (one will clearly get an idea how well designed it is from sports bar point of view)

Place was covered by big and small screensPlace was covered by big and small screens

The place is beautiful - big and small screens for sports lovers so that they can enjoy live and recorded sports matches while enjoying their food. As for my meetup, we went on Wednesday when they had an ongoing offer of Winging Wednesday which says you have to eat the hot and spicy wings in less than a min to have those for free 😄

Given I already talked to the owner before hand so our tables was arranged and some 10 ppl showed up. While our wings order was placed we also ordered steak and sandwiches. We talked to the owner about the place - his idea was to open a good place for food as well as a place where sports ppl can come and enjoy.

Our order was ready - check the yummy pictures 

Beef steakBeef steakMy friend ordered thisMy friend ordered thisTheir special paninisTheir special paninisSuper spicy wings :DSuper spicy wings 😄This was my orderThis was my orderI took alot of pics of my orderI took alot of pics of my orderThis steak was v goodThis steak was v goodLess spicy wingsLess spicy wingsNow comes the time for wings competition!!!
Check the video

IT WAS CRAZYYY 😄 😄 

Screenshot 2018-11-22 at 1.28.20 AM.png

All in all we enjoyed alot - no one was able to win the competition though 🙂 Here are all the pictures

In the end, I discussed with the owner about the place accessibility as the cafe was located in the basement so I told him he should have a ramp or have a life for people in need. He said he is already making that happen. Glad that I made that conversation.

This is our group photo in the end - I was behind the camera 😄 
WhatsApp Image 2018-11-04 at 10.31.42 PM.jpeg

PS: I was so glad that all the people reviewed the place at the end of the meetup 😄 And they also made edits to the place and nearby areas. 

Wild Wings, Islamabad, Pakistan
22 comments
Google Moderator

Re: [RECAP] Winging Wednesday Food Crawl Meetup

Hi @AIMAN_SAEED,

Wow, your recap is great! The photos made me so hungry, I think I'm going to grab a sandwich now (and possibly make a reservation for a similar place tonight). 😉

How are you with spicy food? I'm sure I wouldn't be able to finish a portion of spicy wings in a minute, either!

By the way, it's wonderful how you didn't just enjoy your food, but you also wrote reviews, made edits, and even discussed the accessibility features of the venue. Thank you!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hey @DeniGu

Thanks for the kind words ^_^ This place is very unique and the owner was originally from Canada and given he liked Wings and Sports bar concept so he replicated that idea from Canada in Islamabad, Pakistan. 

As for spicy food, even though I love to have it but like many other people I can't finish hot and spicy wings in a minute 😄 but I saw one boy who did complete the competition 😄

Overall the meetup went well, and yes the local guides were happy to review the place. The only issue was accessibility to the restaurant on which the owner is working.  

Level 8

Well Done Aiman. I am really sorry I missed the meetup. 😞 Next time please share the event in group as well for our information. Thanks. This place us looking very nice and soon I will visit. Every picture made me hungry. :)
Keep it up. I am so happy that someone is doing great job as a local guide in Islamabad. Salute you.
Connect Moderator

Hey @AIMAN_SAEED 

You guys are lucky that I missed that food meetup, otherwise definitely I could win that compititcom 🤣

Anyways congratulations for the sucessful meetup and wonderful Recap 👌👌👌

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 9
Level 9

Hi AIMAN_SAEED

Thanks for the brief Recap and congrats for the this successful meet up.

I wish I could be there. As the pics you shared food is looking very delicious 😋. Specailly wings. 

Level 8

Hi @Utmanzval

Thanks and will surely update you via groups for similar meetups 🙂 
Stay connected 

Level 8

Thanks @KashifMisidia
I like organising food meetups as I'm a foodie 😄 

Rest, I'm sure you can surely win such competitions 😄 

Level 8

Thanks @KLG
After organ-sing the mee-tup I get to mee-tup a lot of social local guides willing to participate in more mee-tups 🙂 

Google Moderator

I was just thinking about asking you whether such cafes are common in Islamabad, @AIMAN_SAEED. 🙂 It's not like anything I've seen so far on Connect.

It'll be pretty great if the owner manages to get an accessibility ramp installed before December 3rd, when the United Nations' International Day of Persons with Disabilities is, right?

Do you plan to host an accessibility meet-up, too?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!