NandKK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[RECAP] Varanasi 360° Photography

Varanasi 360 RecapVaranasi 360 Recap

Namaste to all the motivated LGs around the Globe. 

This 360 meetup was organised as a part of the 📷 360° Photography WorldWide Meet-up 🌎 of @ValeriaAumasque of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Many city around the world has participated in the meetup. I had also organised a 360 meetup in my Hometown, Ranchi. Here is the RECAP of the said meetup.  

I was really excited about hosting a meetup here in the spiritual city of VaranasiVaranasi, is the most ancient, continuously inhabited city in the world and holiest city in the world for Hindus, at the banks of Holy River Ganges. Colorful and spiritual best describe the charm of This Holy Varanasi. It is famous for its numbers of bathing Ghats on the bank of Ganges.

I was using my smartphone (Google Street View App) to capture the 360 Photos. I reached the Varanasi Railway Station by 10 AM and started exploring the city from there. I took a rickshaw and went towards Godaulia. After Godaulia there is no transportation services, everyone has to walk a moderate distance of almost 800 meter to reach the ghats through a crowded market.   

Varanasi is visited by millions of Hindus and travelers each year. While some come for spiritual enlightenment, whereas others visit here for salvation of their sins in the Holy river.

Boat rides are available from dawn (very early morning, before sunrise) until Ganges Aarti (which takes place during sunset). Ride during Ganga Arti is mot famous and expensive ride. The boat ride are more costlier during sunrise and sunset because of the awesome scenery. 

I had hired a Local-traditional rowing boat which was being controlled by a rowman and almost 20 peoples were sitting in that boat. I crossed the holy river and reached Katesar, deserted bank of river, also the awesome picturesque place. The view of sunrise and sunset is thrilling from here. 

Gange aarti is the magnificent event during evening in the Varanasi that one must not miss to see it, it makes anyone to experience the wonderful feelings while Gange aarti become in process. This beautiful ritual makes each and every moment of the evening period special and fills with the spiritual thoughts.  

Sunset is the time for Ganges Aarti, which is a devotional ritual that uses fire as an offering to holy river. It's usually made in the form of a lit lamp, it is mesmerizing  experience to watch synchronizing waving of multi-tired oil lamps which creates huge fire. The lamps are being held by young pandits (priest) as they chant sacred hymns to worship river goddess. In the end of the rituals, small Diya with a candle and flowers (snake hood lamp, camphor lamp) are floated down the river as offering.

No matter how is the climate, this ritual is being perform since ancient time till date throughout 365 days during the sunset. Foreign Tourists as well as local tourists take gather here, take thier places in boats to watch the whole event. 

Kashi Vishwanath Temple is one of the most famous temple dedicated to God Almighty Shiva, is one of the twelve jyotirling, the holiest Shiva Temples. As photography is not allowed, hence I could not take any photo there.             

Places visited during Meetup

1. Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Junction (Also known as Mughalsarai)

2. Varanasi Railway Station

3. Dashashwamedh Ghat

4. Munshi Ghat

5. Katesar

6. Kashi Vishwanath Temple

7. Dr. Rajendra Prasad Ghat  

It was really a wonderful experience to explore the city. I pray from God Almighty to give me opportunity to visit this sacred place very soon. 

I hope, you all will like this RECAP post. Here is the full photo Album

@DeniGu @InaS @AngieYC  @Petra_M @AlexaAC

Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
23 comments
Level 10

Re: [RECAP] Varanasi 360° Photography

Namskar..

@NandKK

Again wow Meetup and Post.. 👏👏

I m never Visit Varanasi  but also Now I m Knowingly Varanasi, Because of your Post..

Thanks for Sharing..

Keep Sharing..

Regards From Mumbai..

Level 8

Beautiful photos @NandKK. Thanks for sharing your meetup experience.

Namaste 

Niraj

Level 10

@NandKK Another must visit place that is in my list. I think my to visit list is already filling to the brim. 🙂

Thanks for sharing all the wonderful photos, and it is quite amazing that you had taken time to use mobile (correct me if I am wrong) to shoot the panoramas with fairly good stitching. 

One of my favorite photo is you with the sadhu and also the sunset photo. 

I was wondering if there are any active Local Guides community there in Varanasi. It would be amazing for us to link up with them with a local meet up next time.

Great job with the meet up, even if you were alone, it was amazing.

Level 8

congratulations @NandKK brother, Very nice photos and landmarks. I hope you enjoyed those sweets items. 

Connect Moderator

Wow again great Meetup recap post @NandKK bhai. Thanks for sharing this beautiful pictures!

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Thank you @Shrut19 dear sister for your lovely words... 

Level 10

thank you @NirajBhusal for you kind words... 

Level 10

Thank you Dear @StephenAbraham for going through the RECAP post and liking it. 

Indeed Varanasi is a place to must visit, at least once in a life time.  

Yes, I was using my smartphone Moto G5 Plus to capture these pictures and Street View App for completing the sphere.   

Thanks again, for appreciating My RECAP post. Your comments are always en-courageous for me. 

Level 10

Hello brother @RupendraNeupane, thank you for appreciating my RECAP post. Yes the Gajar Kaa Halwa and Gulam Jamun was really amazing.