Tula's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[RECAP] The Slipway in 360!

Crystal Clear water of the Indian OceanCrystal Clear water of the Indian Ocean

On the 18th of November, as part of @ValeriaA_'s international 360 meetup initiative, i organised my first photo walk meetup at The Slipway in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. In a duration of 2 weekends there were 30+ 360 meetup's organised worldwide and to be part of it was an amazing feeling.

The meetup had 4 RSVP's of which only 1 turned up who came with his friend towards the end of the meetup but thanks to my close buddies @5Degrees and Al-Amin (who visiting from Toronto) both of whom are local guides, they didn't let me down and i can say the meetup was a success!! Earlier in the morning we had gone to Mbudya Marine Reserve so you can say the meetup unofficially had started from there 🙂

Since it started off with just us 3 we went around taking pictures of the various shops around the slipway which is a fusion of artifices, painting and handmade decor made by the local craftsmen community along side modern patio style restaurants serving Sushi, Thai food, authentic Italian Pizza overlooking the Indian ocean which has spectacular sunset views. There was great opportunity to take pictures of the art work and handmade merchandise exploding with abstract figures and bold colours.

From there we made our way through the restaurants - tho we did not eat since we running short in time, took the opportunity to take pictures of the surroundings and restaurants and walked down beach boardwalk that leads to the boats that take you to Bongoyo Island which is a 30 min boat ride from the Slipway - a perfect getaway from the city noise.

On our way back to the starting point when deciding to take some more 360 group photos we met Amos and his friend Shoo who had come for the meetup and the surprising thing was that Amos is currently a medical student from the same University me and Omar graduated from. Such a small world. I can truly say we Local guides have so much in common that Goggle Maps which gets uncovered in the most random and strangest of ways - This is why i have realised meetups are so amazing and important, they bring us local guides closer in so many ways!

After quick introductions I shared my experiences of taking 360 photos using both the inbuilt camera option in the SV app and by using the Theta V. This was their first time seeing a 360 camera and to see the excitement was priceless - As Omar said, his 6 minutes effort to take one 360 photo and stitch it together took 10 seconds for me, for this i would really like to appreciate the Street view Team for their very beautiful and generous gift!

Alas it was time to say goodbye after having made 2 new friends and created deeper bonds with my existing friends.

The Photo Album isn't complete and more pictures will be added to it as soon as i receive them from the rest of the participants.

Thank you and Enjoy! 🙂

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
10 comments
Google Moderator

Re: [RECAP] The Slipway in 360!

Hello @Tula,

Thank you for sharing your experience!

I have just released your post from the Spam Filters. I would like to apologize for your post being marked as spam. Our filters run 24/7 and they can be a little harsh at times.

You can visit this article to learn more -  Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@MoniDi Thank you for releasing the post from Spam so quickly. There always is a first time, haha 🙂

Level 8

@Tula, Indeed it is a small world Faraz. The photos look amazing. Cool shades btw! 🙂 haha!

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Tula

Thank you for sharing your photo! The ocean looks amazing. Also it looks like you had a great time in the meetup! 

Keep up sharing.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Assalamualaikum @Tula Faraz bhai,

I just saw your photo album, and photographs were amazing. 

Great work Bhai. 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 8

@KashifMisidia Thank you Kashif Bhai for those kind words, a small step compared to your contributions and meetups 🙂

@vvbellur It was fun, hopefully the first of many meetups to come. Hahaha, It's Google swag, you know where it came from 😉

Level 8

@VasT Yes it was so much fun! 2 of the participants already messaged me asking when the next meetup will be, haha.

The blue clear ocean i give credits to the bright natural sunlight and i am sure @Christina-NYC will agree with me 😉

Former Google Contributor

Nice @Tula, so we are looking forward to your next meeting and recap :).

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hello @Tula
I am ashamed of not being familiar with your country. How wonderful crystal clear water!

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper