NandKK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[RECAP] The Great Indian Heritage Walk - Mumbai

Mumbai local guides near town hall mumbaiMumbai local guides near town hall mumbai

Namaste to all motivated Local Guides around the Globe.

Recently we had our first ever National Meetup (United India Meetup) where almost 14 cities took part by hundreds Local Guides in a same day at different locations. 

All thanks to @ambrishvarshney from New Delhi for initiating the idea of The Great Indian Heritage Walk Meetup. Also thanks to @StephenAbraham and  @NareshDarji for their remarkable support in uniting the Indian communities for this meetup. 

The financial capital of India i.e. Mumbai also took part in this meetup, where myself was hosting the Mumbai chapter along with 5 other meetup participants. Let me introduce them.

1. @Mangesh_isadkar Mangesh Isadkar - A great enthusiastic Local Guide from Aurangabad, who traveled almost full night to just attend this Meetup. My sincerely thanks for him for his motivation towards LG Programme. Although the Meetup starting timing was by 11 AM but he reached there by 6 AM and explored the city by his own until 11. Also it was his first ever meetup participation. He also taught us some useful Photography skills. 

2 & 3. Amol Binhani - A motivated LG from Kalyan (other part of the city), who turn up with his first cousin Arun Binhani. They were really excited, as it was also their first ever Meetup. 

4. Shritika @Shrut19 - the only female LG from Mumbai, who is consistent in attending the meetups. I respect her zeal, no matter wherever anyone is hosting a Meetup in Mumbai, she will be there to participate. 

5. Balvinder Bhai @BALVINDER_SINGH - Despite of being out of City for past three days, he managed to reach the Meetup by 12 afternoon. My personal opinion is that any Meetup in Mumbai is incomplete without his extraordinary photography. He literally takes beautiful pictures with his latest gadgets. 

Meetup :- 

As the theme was to explore the heritage sites. We had decided to explore the South Mumbai area, which is one of the oldest part of the city. 

We reached the CSMT Railway Terminus earlier known as Victoria Terminus, which itself is UNESCO heritage site. It is a magnificent beauty. 

Just opposite to the CSMT, there is this beautiful building, built in British era, now being used by BMC (Greater Mumbai Municipal Corporation) as their head office. There is also a statue of Sir Pherozeshah Merwanjee Mehta Statue. We can say, we were in the heart of the old colonial Bombay (Mumbai).

After exploring these heritage places we moved towards our Meetup location, Horniman Circle. It was almost 800 meter away from CSMT which we covered by walking and exploring the places in between simultaneously. Horniman circle is circular road with heritage buildings on its outside and a large garden inside the circular road. 

The Asiatic society of Mumbai / town hall / Central library (built in 1804) was the first building while exploring Horniman circle. Thereafter we explored the half circular road which was having offices of SBI, Yes Bank, East India Shipping Agency, Bademiyan Kebab Restaurant, Balaji Technologies etc. Thereafter we explored the garden inside the circle. We also relaxed for a good time, as it was a sunny day. 

Meanwhile Balvinder Bhai joined us and We explored the rest half part of the circular road where we're having the business places of Starbucks, Croma, Dena Bank, Mumbai Samachar etc. 

It was a great Meetup, we also discussed on many aspects of Local Guides Programme, 360 photography, shared our experiences with novice LG. 

Balvinder Bhai informed everyone that he is gonna host a WW 360 photography, Mumbai chapter in the mid of the month.

Thank you everyone for everything. 

here is the full photo album

I hope, you all will like this RECAP post.

@Sorbe @DeniGu @NadyaPN @Julien44 @Ivi_Ge

Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
21 comments
Level 10

Re: [RECAP] The Great Indian Heritage Walk - Mumbai

@NandKK Namaste Ji. Thanks for sharing this wonderful meet up with all of us. I wished I could come there and join you also. Especially because it's a Unesco World Heritage Site. Next time I will come. And great to see someone has a GoPro Fusion (is that yours?).. best of the best.. 🙂 

Regards to everyone there. 

Level 8

Hi @NandKK.

Thanks for sharing this awesome recap. It's really amazing to know about the Local Guides and their contribution who joined this meetup. The meetup photos as well as 360 are just great. It is indeed a wonderful initiative by our India Local Guides. 

Vellore Local Guides
Level 10

Namskar..

@NandKK

Wow..

Your Recap Post to Read it Feel So Greatfull ..

Thankyou for Sharing this Post

And Your Specialy Mentioned each and every attendees LGs.. I Feel so honoured and humbled behalf of all Attendees..

I Feel same As u Wrote About

@Mangesh_isadkar 

Mangesh Isadkar

Amol Binhani 

Arun Binhani

@⁨Arun Binhani⁩

Balvinder

@BALVINDER_SINGH 

Also I Would like to Thank You @ambrishvarshney  Bhai

for initiating the idea of The Great Indian Heritage walk..

And Nand Bhai Your 360° And other Photos which u Attached in this Post also Awesome 👏👏

It was my Pleasure to Attend Your Meet up..

Thanks And Congrats to All Participants In India for Successfully Completed This Meetup ..

Regards From Mumbai.

श्रृt 

@TeamMumbaiMaharastra..
#IndiaLocalGuides

Instagram

Indian

Level 10

Thank you @StephenAbraham brother for your kind words. 

You are most welcome in Mumbai.... Anna.

The best of best GoPro Fusion is not mine. It is of Balvinder Bhai... I was trying to shoot a 360 video. Wonderful experience it was using that gadget. 

Level 10

Thank you @SalmaanN for your kind words and for appreciating the recap post..... 

Indeed it was a great initiative by Indian local guides community. We should do more meetups like this. 

Level 10

Thank you @Shrut19 for your wonderful comment. 

It was due to the motivation of you all mumbai local guides. Keep the mumbai LG Community strong.. 

Level 8

Thank You Very Much For Shearing @NandKK

Superb Photography, All Photos So Good

Thank you Didi @Shrut19

Level 10

Haa Bhai.. @NandKK

श्रृt 

@TeamMumbaiMaharastra..
#IndiaLocalGuides

Instagram