AIMAN_SAEED's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[RECAP] Sunday Brunching Food Crawl Meetup

Hello LocalGuides,

I want to share my experience from a recent meetup that I've organised - Sunday Brunching at Marriot Hotel Islamabad. It was a great experience overall. Given it was a hi-brunch so the timings of the meetup were after 1PM till 6PM - strange that usually brunches start before 12 noon but this hotel had a different timing.

Anyways, I reached around 1:30pm - excited to found out about two local guides already there. We waited for few minutes for more local guides and by 2pm we were good 10 people ^_^  We started our brunch right after that, was hungry after all 😄

Brunch dishes were countless 😄 from

10 types of pickles to 5 types of desserts to some 10 desi (Indian/Pakistani) dishes and then a separate corner for Chinese/Thai and to my surprise there was Japanese on the menu too. I inquired about this variety of menu - and the head chef said we cater to many foreigners and because of that we included every bit of food items 😄

Moving forward there was a variety of drinks, desserts - there was station where you can get you omelette made in front of you too. While I was taking pictures, I found out that there was a citizen from Canada sitting in the area, he asked me about the meetup and turned out he was a local guide too. I offered him to join. He told me how he use Maps in his country and how he reviews the places and especially businesses - he told me how he told his home construction workers to work well and your company will get a good review from my side 😄

Anyways the food was delicious. We took a lot of photos - I also talked to the marketing manager Mr. Zeeshan and asked him about hotel Google business page - he said we have added all information but don't use it frequently - I motivated him to get it started, he was convinced 🙂

Let me share few pictures below. All photos link

All in all a good meetup. Hoping to plan more 🙂

Fresh Cheese and Buns ^_^Fresh Cheese and Buns ^_^

10/10 Chinese Dishes10/10 Chinese Dishes

Chef at service - ready to make food in front of youChef at service - ready to make food in front of you

Famous ParathasFamous Parathas

Chaat cornerChaat corner

8 comments
Level 8

[RECAP] Sunday Brunching Food Crawl Meetup

Hello LocalGuides, 

I want to share my experience from a recent meetup that I've organised - Sunday Brunching at Marriot Hotel Islamabad. It was a greta experience overall. Given it was a hi-brunch so the timings of the meetup were after 1PM til 6PM - strange that usually brunches start before 12noon but this hotel had a different timing. 

Anyways, I reached around 1:30pm - excited to found out about two local guides already there. We waited for few minutes for more local guides and by 2pm we were good 10 people ^_^  We started our brunch right after that, was hungry after all 😄 

Brunch dishes were countless 😄 from

10 types of pickles to 5 types of desserts to some 10 desi (Indian/Pakistani) dishes and then a separate corner for Chinese/Thai and to my surprise there was Japanese on the menu too. I inquired about this variety of menu - and the head chef said we cater to many foreigners and because of that we included every bit of food items 😄 

Moving forward there was a variety of drinks, desserts - there was station where you can get you omelette made infront of you too. While I was taking pictures, I found out that there was a citizen from Canada sitting in the area, he asked me about the meetup and turned out he was a local guide too. I offered him to join. He told me how he use Maps in his country and how he reviews the places and especially businesses - he told me how he told his home construction workers to work well and your company will get a good review from my side 😄 

Anyways the food was delicious. We took alot of photos - I also talked to the marketing manager Mr. Zeeshan and asked him about hotel Google business page - he said we have added all information but don't use it frequently - I motivated him to get it started, he was convinced 🙂 

Let me share few pictures below. All photos link 

All in all a good meetup. Hoping to plan more 🙂 

Pickles sectionPickles section

They had boards to guide each food sectionThey had boards to guide each food sectionChef made me a Brain Masala :)Chef made me a Brain Masala 🙂Had sushi for the first timeHad sushi for the first timeLoved how they made it so presentableLoved how they made it so presentableThese side chats were crispThese side chats were crisp 

Connect Moderator

Re: [RECAP] Sunday Brunching Food Crawl Meetup

Wow congratulations @AIMAN_SAEED for a successful food crawl. It's 01.08 am here and after watching the pictures, I m feeling hungry again 😂😂😂

Anyways keep it up.

Thank you for share

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 8

Thanks @KashifMisidia
It was hard for me too to write this Recap with yummy photos 😄 

Google Vendor

Hi @AIMAN_SAEED,

I really like brunching :)! Thank you for sharing your photos and experience with us. The food looks so delicious, and I am happy that you enjoyed it.

Keep up sharing!

I changed the topic label to Meet-ups as it fits better there.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Google Vendor

Hi @AIMAN_SAEED,

By the way, I merged your post with the previous one as there are related to the same topic.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Thanks @InaS🙂 

I got confused yesterday while posting, but thanks for clearing this ^_^

Level 10

@AIMAN_SAEED wow . just feel hungry . thanks for share

Mahabub Hasan
Connect Moderator

@MahabubMunna  visit Pakistan. . Here we will celebrate your 100th meetup together here Islamabad 🙂

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge